ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol light not coming on?

Ph1 T
Noticed my light didnt come on other day when i was low pretty much nearly out..

Is there a sensor or something that could be faulty? No idea how it works tbh

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It comes on at 1G left .. did you put 50l in when you filled up ? If not, don't worry about it.

If something is not working, I wouldn't bother trying to fix it - just fill up when it gets near the red ?!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Run the diagnostic to check the bulb is still working?

EDIT: You have to get pretty low, you can roll around for quite a while with the dial at red/empty before the fuel warning light comes on.

04BGFF182CLIORS
I dont really pay attention to the light/gauge, its so random! I know I get roughly 120 miles from £20 so go by that!

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
Can't say I've noticed mine come on either yet the bulb works. Filling it right up usually confirms that the fuel gauge is a bit innacurate when its past a quarter of a tank. The trip computer seems more accurate at telling how much is left.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I wish mine didn't :/

8P7wGWfl.jpg

GSXR + KDX220
Ive noticed today a similar problem, but the opposite way.

Usually my light comes on when the needle is on the red line on the gauge, it always has done. But today, out of the blue, it just came on with the gauge pretty much where yours is above ^^^^

Whats that about?? :S