ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Permanent Uch delete?!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
OK so here goes :) is it possible to permanently delete/remove the uch and still retain a standard ecu? I'm fed up with wiring going everywhere as the uch no longer fits back onto its original location after having my new cage put in, and had already semi planned to build a new loom for lights/wiper/fuel pump/other bare essentials along with a new fuse/relay box further down the line

I'm guessing the biggest problem would be the immobiliser really?

Or am I best off just tidying things up where possible and making the best of a bad situation

Thanks

Ads

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Remove the whole lot. ECU, UCH, all the wiring everything.

Fit standalone engine management and wire up all of your electrical components etc with dedicated switches in a panel.
Makes life so much easier and gets rid of the problematic ECU and UCH.

And if you ever change your car, you can take it with you.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Remove the whole lot. ECU, UCH, all the wiring everything.

Fit standalone engine management and wire up all of your electrical components etc with dedicated switches in a panel.
Makes life so much easier and gets rid of the problematic ECU and UCH.

And if you ever change your car, you can take it with you.

I have been debating this after drooling over some of the pms range, need to check if I can run aftermarket ecu in the race series I'm in though, which is what brought me onto thinking whether it's possible with the original ecu or not

dan's cast offs.
If you can't run aftermarket ecu you might be able to get away with running a phase 1 ecu and convert to cable throttle.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
UCH doesn;t control the wipers or the speedo
What does then?
UCH common faults are - indicators, wipers etc etc. its a canbus system, UCH is the hub of that, anything from interior light delay to central locking. Removal would require a from scratch rewire with standard type switches for anything you wanted to keep.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
That's no issue, I'm fine with rewiring aux items, it's more the immobiliser/throttle kind of things. To be honest I'm gonna double check series regs, if I can use an aftermarket ecu then I think it's the easier way around, and takes some of the cost of throttle bodies off too in the long run (plan on those eventually, but not right now)

dan's cast offs.
Should know in a couple of weeks about getting rid of the immobiliser. Should have something tried and tested.

Also if you want to keep it cheap you can run bodies on standard ecu.