ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Permagard

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Anyone have any view on getting your car Permagarded?

Saves the paint and easier to clean it up to a good polish (no waxing etc) but just wondered if anyone had any horror stories of it bubbling or sealing in dirt etc.

106 GTi
I'd take it with a pinch of salt as with all these semi permanant paint protection products weather it be Permagard (Evo magazines new fave), Diamonbrite or Superguard. I'll stick to protecting my paint the old ways!

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
It was Evo that started me thinking if its good enough for a ferrari then it might be good enough for my Cup.

Only approx £130 for whole car. I think I'll do a bit more research. Cheers

A4 Avant & A3
i was offered supaguard on my car when i bought it (2nd hand from renault) i said no,
but after looking on my car there is a small sticker on the rear side window saying 'supaguard protected'? has it already been done by the previous owner?? who knows

clio 182 black /gold
I have done this to my car apart from the paint one yet. I have a box of supagaurd left.

Black/Gold 182
the dealer supaguard'ed mine for free. This was after I'd kicked up a stink because they left it in the car park with a big lump of bird sh*t on it, which marked the lacquer (was in for warranty work). TBH can't say it's made any difference, just seem to be more swirl marks than ever (not sure if they are in the paint or in the supaguard). I've already used scratchx in places so supaguard is useless now.

Was tempted by the permagard after reading Evo, but you have to have it topped up annually too (another £60/yr I think I read).

106 GTi
If the dealer Superguarded the paint with swirl marks already in it, all it would have done is seal them in, another reason why I declined it being done on mine. If these Permagaurd people de swirl the car first then apply it that will be something worthwhile.

The other thing to bear in mind seeing the state of paint when it comes from Renault on my car, just from the new car prep, I would have hated to see how many more swirls they put in when applying the superguard.

I had my car Permagarded at the beginning of November and the water is still beading off like it's been freshly waxed!

It needs a good clean but I just haven't had a chance and won't for another few weeks. Still when the time comes it'll be 15mins with a bucket of water and a sponge and No. 99 will be back to a deep glossy red....

It's A Reno
I've never been tempted by this stuff, don't want anyone f**kin' with the paintwork except me.

I stick with Autoglym shampoo and extra gloss proection. Looks great after and works like Permagard (for a week or 2).

We've also got a Suzuki cappuccino that had sat in the garage for 2 years. Gave it the Autoglym treatment....Awesome!:D