ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance Mods

172 Exclusive #114
Right, I've had my 172 Ph1 for 2 weeks now and I bloody love it! I've embarassed a few BMW drivers as well as some other cars I'd assumed to be pretty damm quick in the past (And no - I don't want to get into the whole, "It's not the car, it's the driver" arguement).

I now want to start on some performance mods, nothing major - just wondered what sorta gains I can get for what sorta time/money?

Last edited:
  Focus ST
Springs first. Best return for the money...
Brakes next....Fast Road pads.
Exhaust next.....

Good tyres and learningto drive the car to the limit will get you more than anyhting else.

Engine tunning isn't vey cost effective best value cheap stuff is a oil chnage and gearbox oil change panle filter with cold air intake, decat, remap, manifold work and if you want an exhaust.

Handling ie suspension and brake mods will make a quicker car than money spent on engine tunning depends what you like.

172 Exclusive #114
Nice! I'd probably be looking at a 30mm drop - any suggestions/advice? I don't mind going for shocks and springs if I'll get a better result.

Same on the pads, any make in particular?

172 Exclusive #114
clio 1.6 16v said:
do we to get to see some pics of your green beast? :p

Of course!

And the car! Fnar, fnar! ;-)

She's getting a wash tomorrow then I'll get some pics up, fo' shizzle!