ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

performance cams

clio sport 182
im looking to buy some performance cams as its cambelt change time for my clio so does anyone no which cams are best for a standard clio 182 and where i could get them from? cheers

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
ktecs 438's from catcams are meant to be very good. danny at 519 recommends them as well. its the ones id ask santa for. ;-)

I would also say looking at the results that have been seen from the 438's they are the one's I would go with on a standard engine and are available from either K-Tec or 519 so give either of them a call!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
438s are great! Sadly the people we've fitted them for are not big forum users so there's little feedback from them on here, but the walk over some more expensive options

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've had a couple of good results with 428s, but for zero cost difference why compromise? 438s are better

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
for the sake of change tbh

428s are old so they're instantly crap. Whatever Trev

that's not even close to what's been said. New developments improve on what's available. 421's were ALWAYS better than 428s, but they were a s**t to use on a stock ecu. Time and effort has been put it, and a better, more usable product is the result

Evo 5 RS
You're saying why compromise though, Dan. I'm yet to see a graph (with throttle bodies especially) that shows that you would be compromising anything

Show me one and I'll say sorry :p

Golf GTD Mk7
You can get them to idle, either high or a slight r****d on the exhaust cam.

They idle mate, but they stall occasionally as the tb cannot catch the idle when coming to a stop. More to do with it being electronic throttle. Plus below 2k on part throttle you kangaroo quite a bit, but it's mainly for track so no big deal. Matt set the idle to 1300iirc. Going to 64mm cable body early next year with ec1 which should iron out the kinks. :D

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It can be mapped out still, I think I set the idle to about 1050, defo not 1300 so even that alone might fix it

You'd think with all the effort cat must have put in to develop the cams they'd have over laid power/torque curves of their different cams to give you an idea of the differences between them and stock.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You'd think with all the effort cat must have put in to develop the cams they'd have over laid power/torque curves of their different cams to give you an idea of the differences between them and stock.

Are you under the impression that cat cams have personally run up all the cams they sell in every engine they sell them for?

If so thats kinda cute that your that naive, lol

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
How what ? :)

If you call in I will raise it, sick of people saying 421's won't idle on the stock ecu!

Golf GTD Mk7
Did you ring Matt?

Might take you up on that Paul ;) They idle, it just takes a bit of accelerator blipping some times when coming to a stop. They run sweet when on track though.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
No?

We can make it better that's for sure :)

I know what the idle is because I looked at the cal to check

Golf GTD Mk7
ah the pre cal file which Matt sent over. Think it was raised after that, but i'll pop over with Jon B in the new year :)

182ff
this could help me out alot aswel... im getting some cams next month and im not 100% on what to get do i get cat 428s or 421s, i dont want to be stalling and ect but would love the powergains... what you suggest ???