ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance Bits & Road Tests

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Keeping my 182 now its too fun to give up :). Going to try find some more BHP though. Current Engine Mods;
-ITG Panel Filter with Standard Air Box.
-KTR Ultra Performance 2.5" Bore Stright Through Pipe work Cat Back. (Only Back box).

Ive recently had the exhaust fitted which sounds amazing and it feels like its improved Mid Range performance a bit. Bit more pull from 2,800Rpm. Can notice it in 2nd and 3rd.

I was thinking of matched inlets and De-Cat next. Would I be seeing some more gains again with this? Alot of people say this mix helps Mid Range quite a lot.

Then I would be thinking about Cams probs 428 Cat Cams to save the hassel. Anyone does this? Whats the car feel like after? Im not bothered about BHP numbers it proves nothing.

Thanks Idea's or experience welcome! & No Do a search comments I have been just want some experience from others mainly. :rasp:

Evo 5 RS
428s would be spot on for what you're looking at doing, worth while if you can pick a set up cheap enough

car will be more free revving, they take a wee bit of grunt low down and give it back up around the limiter..Yes it will be noticeably quicker

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Umm that maybe what I will do then. It won't kill the low end then? Don't wanna have to be revving like mad to drive normal.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
The RS inlet manifold is stamped 'RS' in big letters. I got it fitted to my ph1 172 when I went to have matched inlets fitted at a certain well known tuning company based in Eastern England. And the difference it made was - somewhere between nothing and not a lot. My best changes have been the ITG 'round' filter, taking off the air feed pipes to the filter housing and the exhaust (a Prospeed exhause from Cardiff). If my car hadn't done 155,000 miles I'd get it remapped (properly remapped that is) - I will do this after the engine has been rebuilt and it's had a new gearbox. Don't fancy a decat as it's a hassle for MOTs and it will stink.