ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peoples views on this install (Plz)

172 cup TT

Hi all.. Whilst my head unit (p8400mp) is being repaired im trying to sort out a decent system for the car... I dont want any "phat-rude-dark-barryboy" bass or anything, but just something similar to what i get at home from my system there, as loud as i want it to go, always clear, and with decent quality bass, mid, and treble...

I have a cup and the plan is to buy a 4 channel infinity reference amp, 13cm Focal Polyglass components, and a sub for the boot.. probably the lightest but quite good. Somthing like a 10" or 12" JL... Oh, and the price for this lot is around the 500 mark... Whats peoples views on this and the price, thanks..

Oh, one more thing... may sound like a proper GAY question but... im concered about weight but see that the above is probably the lightest way to give a very good sound.. I was wondering that if i had a WOODEN(the norm) acoustic stealth shelf PLUS 6x9s(boo!) would this weigh more than an AMP PLUS a BOXED sub?? - probably less eh??.. thoughts?

thanks

Floodie

172 cup TT

ha, but HUH?.. "but u from barry?" eh?

oh everyone else where are all my replies, dont the forum love me anymore? i thought we were friends? ive called and wrote but nothing...

:)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I would have thought a stealth shelf would have weighed less but it wont sound as good as a sub will. I rate all the brands quite highly so I reckon youll have a decent system.

Mk2 Golf GTI

TBH i cant see that lot decreasing performance that much, just rip out the back seats to compensate!

172 cup TT

Woo replies! - thanks peeps - not too keen on the taking of my back seats out though! hehe...

Out of intrest, anyone know typically how much a 10" sub + small/standard size box would weigh in Kgs? - r we talking a couple? or 10s? (god im proper "rain-maning" it up today!)

Nice

woooooooo dont do the infinity amp range their absolutely sh*t...make very good quality speakers and subs but they really should of left it at that :p try something from the phoenix gold range, if not dls or genesis...u wont be sorry

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

In a proper box and decent sub say on average 15kgs. I never noticed a difference in performance with or without it and mines only a 1.4! I do notice a serious difference when I strip it all out and the car sits visibly lower now but Ive got a full install with a lot of MDF and sund deadning!

172 cup TT

nice, k, cheers davidol and evil john.... not being funny but i want a 4 channeler and dont know what Power out put i should go for.. or even what is ok and good etc!!. dont say "the higher the better!" lol... something for about 200 quid..also, is (probably not) an amp just going to give out similar power as my head unit supplies(4x50 i think).. if thats the case, whats the point in an amp?

nice

to be honest, you wont notice too much difference in the power of the car, i say its a mental state, 25-30kg doesnt slow the car too much

agreed pioneer amps are crap, but then again, so area majority of their speaker range

Focals (cant remembver which ones they are) but i think are around the £150 mark
4ch amp - see if you can get a Genesis Profile 4 for around £250 (shouldnt be too hard)
Sub - Diamond Audio CM310 around £150

that should take you to your budget and sound very impressive too

172 cup TT

bambam, thats mental you should say that about the sub, just today a guy i know and consider the "guru" of car audio suggested exactly the same make, model and size sub.. Saying he used to use JL stuff, but now Diamond Audio as it seems very good... At the time i was suspicious of his recomendation coz ive never heard of Diamond Audio before - but im pretty confident that thats what im gonna go for now then....

diamond are one seriosly good name in car audio, youd be silly if you didnt go for it

obviously your man knows his stuff

172 cup TT

yeh nice one thx.. im assuming it would be too expensive to go "diamond" all round then?? or do they only make subs...?

oh you helped me in my other recent thread too, thx.. but with the 10" diamond should i go for ported or non?...

id still go with bandbass, but if youd prefer the choice of the above two, id go with sealed if you dont want every ned in your area knowing youve got a system installed

you can get diamond comps, and again, are of excellent quality, but their entry level speaker if i remember correctly is the m361 which retails at around £280, so you pay your money on them

id look more towards Genesis, Focal, MB Quart and Boston for speakers, though 001 Mobile are doing Polk Momo comps for £230 at the minue which is not to be sniffed at if you can find the extra money

diamond dont do amps as far as im aware

172 cup TT

great k.. so the plan is.. Focals up front, genesis profile 4, and CM310 sub in sealed maybe ported box.... all im really adding weight wise to the car is the amp and the sub+box... bout 13kgs i reckon... the advantages of a great system far outweigh the loss of what .1/.2 secs 0-60?! - afterall, chip, viper, and exhaust compensated in the first place anyway, so, cool!! away we go!! :) - thx for your help bambam, nice one... appreciated

to be honest, you will hardly notie the difference in performance

selaed box enclosing diamond cm310, running off genesis profile 4 amp, with focal polyglass up front

as for weight, it varies upon many many factors, so you cant really quote figures

Stanced Honda S2000

jon 1978 has a sub in his boot, weighs diddy squat cuz he was concerned bout weight too, he says it hasnt made a diff to performane, fit an ecotec valve to compensate ?lol.