ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People who have done the Brembo conversion

So I've finally found some Cup Turinis so I can fit my Brembo 4 pots that I bought about a million years ago.

What's this anti squeal goo all about? Is it worth having? Where do I get it? Where do you put it? Does it work?!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes its definitely worth having, there is 2 parts to it - the anti squeal pad (looks like black gaffer tape) and also some ceratec anti squeal brake grease.
I run DS2500 pads on my brembos which are quite prone to squeal and they are silent.

You get 4 sticky back pads , they will need to be cut in half and stuck to the brake pads on the place the pistons make contact. You then apply the Goop a few pea sized blobs and then use a credit card to spread it like butter so you have a nice even layer on top of the sticky back pads. its also worth putting a tiny amount of it inside the pads retaining pin holes as it will help with stopping the pin seizing.

Forgot to say - for £10 or whatever it is, it is really worth doing, you will kick yourself if you get squeal and dont use this.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Also another thing which I would do If i could go back is to spray the bolt head of the caliper securing bolts. Although they are coated in some sort of black coating they do rust quite quickly. They are hex cap bolts so can easily spray just the head. let me get you a pic so you can see for yourself.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
sketch-1471466007599.png

Attachments

• 1471465808996821897417.jpg
    1471465808996821897417.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1471465889709-781847262.jpg
    1471465889709-781847262.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 37

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Piggybacking on this thread - for everyone who has fitted Brembos, would you do so again knowing what you know now? In your opinion are the benefits tangible and worthwhile?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Piggybacking on this thread - for everyone who has fitted Brembos, would you do so again knowing what you know now? In your opinion are the benefits tangible and worthwhile?
I know this isn't exactly what you're after but coming from a 172 with DS2500's and braided lines into a 197 with standard brembo pads and standard lines, and it being a heavier car the stopping force is far superior.

Do want to try DS2500's braided lines and some good quality fluid in this though.

Is it possible to DIY bleed them once fitted? I could get it done at a garage at after the weekend but want to fit them tomorrow or Sunday!

@optical @NorthloopCup (can't think of anyone else with them off the top of my head 🙈)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Is it possible to DIY bleed them once fitted? I could get it done at a garage at after the weekend but want to fit them tomorrow or Sunday!

@optical @NorthloopCup (can't think of anyone else with them off the top of my head 🙈)
You should be able to yes, but on a cup you don't have abs, so I didn't have any dramas. If the pedal feels spongy after you've done the bleeding, you'll probably need a pressure bleeder, or clip to do it.

You should be able to yes, but on a cup you don't have abs, so I didn't have any dramas. If the pedal feels spongy after you've done the bleeding, you'll probably need a pressure bleeder, or clip to do it.
Thanks mate. Just fitting them now, do the washers go on each side of the brackets?

No worries mate. :up:
I'm having real trouble with my O/S front wheel. It won't give the same clearance as the N/S one and it's touching the face of the caliper when it's screwed in and the wheel won't turn. The N/S one is fine with about 1mm clearance. They are both fitted the same with the washers in the same place etc. so I'm a little bit stumped. Have you got any ideas or did anyone else have a similar problem?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The last photo is the N/S which has some clearance and isn't catching. I need a quick fix because it's using space we don't have in my mates unit!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As above.

Its probably down to the manufactured tolerances rather than something you've done if its only 1mm difference.