ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People trying it on

on the look out
there is a young lad in another clio not sure wot engine tried it on the other night when my misses was out in the cup :mad: he has the chaved blacked out rear windows and it sounds like a after burner zorts lol . he can right up to the bumper and then on a dangerous rd overtook her :nono: shame i wasnt in there driving at the time lol .my other half just looks and laughs at them :rasp:

Cupra
Had an Alfa GTV try it on the other day on a dual carriageway... I let him go for it then decided to play... caught him up and flew past. Got a thumbs up at the next set of lights.

He didn't expect a family bus to be so nippy I think...

Elise S1 B&C 140
Cant wait to pick mine up on Friday a friend of a friend owns a Nova 1.4 SR convinced that cos it has an induction kit it will thrash the 172. Racing for slips apparently, he can keep the Nova (Shed) just looking forward to the satisfaction of blowing the jumped up tw*t into the weeds.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
lol, some one i know has a 2L nova and thought he would kill me (i thought it might be close) but he was no match:D so i 1.4 will be too easy;)

Elise S1 B&C 140
lol, some one i know has a 2L nova and thought he would kill me (i thought it might be close) but he was no match:D so i 1.4 will be too easy;)

I know normally i wouldnt bother, but he is just one of those blokes that needs to be shown.

Cupless
From all the stories on here about people bringing it, I would think i found more cars trying it on. I think in the 3 months I've had my 172 I've maybe found about 3 cars properly have a go.

Must be the area! - I dont get many interesting cars trying it on ethier!

clio...
When I was out in the CooperS the other week, nicely havin abit chat with the top down had some twit in an Audi A6 estate wouldnt leave the rear end alone. Once we got onto the dual i said bye.

In the clio you only have the occassional s**t mobiles, I think most people see its only a 1.2. Get the odd bus driver keeping up till 60, but start to pull away after that. haha.

i usually get corsa sxi's n pug 206s.. nowdays i get even 4x4s:)

gota watch the 4x4, some are very very quick in a stright line, and not that bad on the twistys (nowhere as good as the clio mind;) )

4x4s who tried on me so far r Mitsi Shogun & L200.
Nissan X-trail, Navara & Pathfinder.
LandRover DISCOVERY 3 & Range Rover Sport HSE (not sure if it was supercharged).
None of them has gone past me YET.:rasp:

Had a 4x4 once try it but it wasn't a big merc/range rover so I left him behind. He was that mad he swerved round me and drove through the red light I was stopped at further down the road!

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
Must be the area! - I dont get many interesting cars trying it on ethier!

haha maybe. Although there is quite a chav underworld in poole, so I don't know why.

wonder if ive seen you around? What does your registration end with? I'll keep a look out.

106 GTi
Had a 4x4 once try it but it wasn't a big merc/range rover so I left him behind. He was that mad he swerved round me and drove through the red light I was stopped at further down the road!

It's great when they do crazy things to get the win!

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
i have people trying it on constantly, i think the fact mines yellow makes it a bit more lairy, if i am driving normally then i just ignore someone sitting up my arse, if i have gone out for a fun drive then i will have a play! I dont let people entice me!

99% i am driving for fun though as i only have a 2 mile trip to the station so the car isnt even warmed up!

saxo vtr 'tried it on' last night. he was infront of me at a set of traffic lights....him and his mate looked in the mirrors, lights went green he floored it, i laughed, turned off at that junction anyway and casually drove home lol

Shed.
Just wondering how much bother everyone gets from other motorists in their 172's? I've had a lot of Focuses, Polo Gti's old and new and 106's etc been trying it on lately, usually when I'm just driving home normally minding my own business !

lol. im only young and so have a sewing machine car/ so no i dont really have any trouble with other cars.

Corsa 1.2 8v (which is kitted up and looks gay) and a 1.2 dynamique 16v. Both piss me off all the time.

Dynamique is a 17 year old who lives across the road from me. Havent spoken to him inabout 8 years but i used to go to school with him as a kid. Doing 30 in a 30 on sunday morning going to work, minding my own business and then i suddenly, out of no where, find the little c**t glued to my bumper. he cant drive to say the liest but i gave him a run for his money lol.

The 8v corsa is just a prick and pisses me off all the time. Mate i work with knows him too lol. He was trying to undertake me in a 30 so i started to block him in. 16 valves makes all the difference lol.

Dont have any problems other than that and i just drive like a human being. Chavs seem to like bugging me for "races" in ther stupid cars. but thats just gay and pointless. There are a lot of them in kingswood in the cineworld carpark but in all honesty i just ignore them.

I am glad to see that the general consensus seems to be "watch them drive like bellends, laugh, and carry on as normal", rather than risking doing something stupid just to put them in their place. w00t

True, sometimes it is rude not to.

A lad at my work has a barried 106 4dr, huge zorst, shopping list down doors, "stripped", always giving it "its well rapid for a 1.1". Saw him out one evening with car full of girls. w00p w00p

Elise S1 B&C 140
True, sometimes it is rude not to.

A lad at my work has a barried 106 4dr, huge zorst, shopping list down doors, "stripped", always giving it "its well rapid for a 1.1". Saw him out one evening with car full of girls. w00p w00p

I think that must be the most used phrase ever, "its Quick for a (Enter engine size here)" generally 1.1-1.4. When will these people realise that maybe it is quick for a 1.2, but it IS ONLY a 1.2 and therefore doesnt come close to the category of Quick.

I know we all have to start somewhere but i did not go round saying my first car ( a 1.3 metro) was quick for a 1300.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
i was at the traffic lights 2day and it was 2 lanes both could go straight ahead but then they narrowed into 1 lane, there was a 7 series bmw next 2 me so as i went 2 pull away he thought he wasnt goign to let em in so i floored it in 2nd and he went for it aswell (you could hear his engine scream) anyway i taugh him a lesson and the look on his face was great lol

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
no it was a silver one, must not have been standard!

Standard vs standard theres nothing in it really.

You can all go and quote your figures, but its true.

well, like i said it was just a normal road and he was behind me so we were hardly racing side by side, he was up my arse so i put my foot down and unexpectedly he kept up!

clio 16v
I'd rather pull up and slap the s**t out of you
mano to mano thats the real deal
forget all that kiddy my car is faster then yours b****cks.
Next time u see someone revving up next to the lights
get out ur car tap there window wack them on the end of the Jaw
boot the car for goodluck and offski before old bill arrive
i win lol

I piss all over Golf Gti's,106's all the s**tty little chav moblies

You big chav:rasp:

Peddled device
Had a 54 plate M3 trying to beat me to the traffic jam on the slip road tonight. He lost....LOSER!

Funny i had a fud in a vtr up my ass tonight on A90 and dropped into fourth and bye bye

Lol :D

And then slowed down for him to play catch up etc etc for a laugh..

Might have been a diff story with a Vts though :(

It'd probably give me more of a go :(

Ultra Red Megane 175
The only time this has happened to me was on the way home from work in Swansea. Driving through Fforestfach, a kid wearing a Burberry hat in a barry'd up VTR pulled out of Blaenymaes behind me and then proceeded to accelerate/brake on my rear bumper for about 3 miles, he even had 'Bonkers 6' or something similar blaring - conforming to just about every pikey stereotype available.

Anyway as soon as I got to the motorway he wasn't on my bumper for long.