ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Penalty for Illegal Exhaust

Yaris Hybrid
What is the punishment for an illegal exhaust system? No de-cat'd or anything.

Just loud and in breach of the noise laws.

Points, fine or points and fine?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I was under the impression you can only get done for things like disturbing the peace etc.

I was always lead to believe exhausts had to be less than 80db but there's no way Enzos are 80db so how that works I don't know.

182 inside
generally the bill will leave you to it unless your driving like a tit or breaking the law ie. beeing rude boy racer!!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Its under noise pollution and disturbing the peace, the equipment has to otherwise be an MOT failure to impact points or removal

Black Clio GT
i think its a fixed penelty of £30 and a notice to get it removed or face further fines in court!!

most police leave you be if your keeping to the speed limit and not redlining it in every gear!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mrs' best mate got an ASBO for wearing stilletos in her flat and the bloke downstairs complained and she got done...........

No idea on the zorst though.

Dci 100
if your being a nuisance i think the police can confiscate your car and inspect it, then they'll do you for anything illegal and probably check with your insurance company to see if its all declared etc