ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pearl Black 172 Progress Thread

BMW M135I
Thought I wouldd post a thread detailing what I have done to the car so far and for what I do in the near future after a few people asked for more pictures on my last media thread and theres more to come hopefully.

Basically I bought what use to be Reyes's old PH2 172 back in July from some who he had part X'd it with. (Thank God he didnt have it for long eh Reyes?)

P1000809.jpg

The first thing done was upgrading the brakes with Ferodo DS2500 and HC discs (Thanks Fred for sorting that out due to incapable garages)

The car stayed like this till October when i had the alloys refurbed at Top Marques in Stoke on trent and a full service including cambelt etc done at NWPerformance to make sure the car was in tip top condition. (Thanks Ryan, Mat and Alan)

This is how she stood then with a bit of added work on the alloys when i got home.
P1000837.jpg

Then I purchased a Yozzasport 2" exhaust system and had that fitted at NWP with the rear brakes at the same time which Mat did a good job with the dremal (sp?) (Hopefully ill get a video up sometime)

February was the next time i had some work done to the car which involved fitting KTEC coilovers, braidied lines and the MOT. The lads at NWP sorted this out for me and this is how she sits currently. Had -1 camber and lowered roughly 40mm on the back and 35mm on the front.
I also got talked into buying a unsilenced decat that NWP had started selling.

P1010006.jpg

The next lot of mods were carried out last week which involved fitting a Whiteline ARB and soild top mounts. This has made a real difference to the handling of the car and inspires so much more confidence in the corners. This is how the car sits currently at the moment.

Sorry about the pictures here, they were taken on my phone.

16042010005.jpg

You can just the the fittings of the ARB on this one along with my Yozza
16042010009.jpg

Future Plans

So far im am considering looking at a front strut bar but am unsure as to bother so would welcome people opinions.

I am currently waiting on Camskill to stock some of the well reviewed Hankooks v12 EVO's and getting them fitted.

I also could do with the bullets been resprayed as they are showing signs of wear along with the wheel diamonds to match better with my rim colour.

Hopefully, the car will be get a bit of a respray on certain parts of the car due to stone chips and the odd dent and then detailed hopefully by Luke (TheBoosh)

Hopefully then before the FrenchCarShow, im intending to get the supercharger conversion completed depending on funds which should be coming in due to two non fault accidents.

Would also like some other opinions on what i could do.

Thanks for reading, C+C's welcome

BMW E92/Audi S3
Looks brilliant that mate. Get some proper pics up though!
I know what you mean about the guy who had it after me though :/
Well weird gypsy.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Cheers boys.
When I had it, it had no lower grill. One fog, and the paintwork hadn't been cleaned in "4 months" <He actually said that. Way to sell a car.

When I had it, I pampered it like it was Pixie Lott on a night out. Serviced often, cleaned rediculous amounts of times and I didn't drive it like a c**k. She was as good as new when I sold her on to Brap boy.
I'm quite pleased to see Danny with this now though. He's taken some good care of it. Very happy :)

BMW E92/Audi S3
Ironic that this thread popped up after the reminising on the ol' Facebook about it lol.