ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PCWorld and Techguys

ph2 172
Pay near £13 pounds a month for PC Performance, I'm sure under that agreement they have 6 weeks to rectify a fault? Who do you work for?

Oil Burner
As per the previous few posts, i used to work for Currys. I'm not certain if they have changed the products since i left (or if pc world sold slightly different products), so one of the other guys is probably more qualified to answer. But there were several tiers when i worked there and i think one of them had a 14 day turn around another 28 days. I would read your policy documents or pop into store and they can reprint them for you. Or just find a decent sales person who wants to help and let them do everything for you.

Premier members can request a replacement after 10 days.
Club members can request a replacement after 28 days.

If you have an old agreement, the replacement date is 42 days.

Mazda 3 MPS
I'm 100% sure there is no option for us on eclipse to order stuff from partmaster. I've been there for 4 years and we have never had such an option.

Our manager for certain cases will get the customer to order a part from partmaster and then refund the difference on their reciept of their orginal product, but this is very rare and hasn't been done for a while.

I'm very suprised that HP don't make the battery anymore. Usually they stock them for ages. They would be the only way of getting one if partmaster don't do it.

ITB BG 182
Great so people of a certain club get benefits from pcw stores. I got my laptop an aggreement in april last year.

182FF with cup packs
The laptop is a HP Pavilion DV7 2030e with a 17.3 widescreen. Partsmaster has batteries but they are all 10.4v not 14.4v

Fubar - the battery part number is 509422-001.

Take a look at this.

L18650-9DV7 is the part number, and it has 509422-001 listed under the "Replaces" section. Also is a 14.4v unlike all the others.

ITB BG 182
Then you're part of that 'club' then aren't you. They introduced a higher level of cover earlier this year.
Ahh right, i thourght you meant club as in an individual section and not within relation to insurance cover sort of club.
So im paying 8.99 a month for this 'club' how many days till i could request a replacement?

ITB BG 182
Take a look at this.

L18650-9DV7 is the part number, and it has 509422-001 listed under the "Replaces" section. Also is a 14.4v unlike all the others.
I also came across this site.
It looks like a search engine leading people to another site where they actually sell the batteries. Its like a broker for batteries.
I tried several of them that it suggested and they all come up like this with 10.4V
http://www.batteriesdirect.com/prod...LETT_PACKARD_Pavilion_dv2030ea_Laptop_Battery

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
  Oil Burner
Ahh right, i thourght you meant club as in an individual section and not within relation to insurance cover sort of club.
So im paying 8.99 a month for this 'club' how many days till i could request a replacement?

Depends which one your paying for. It will say in your policy docs.

ITB BG 182
Just a little update, still no battery but been back to PCW and they are now trying to source me a battery that is a genuine replacement like for like.
I have been told that if they can not get me one that it is most likely that i will get a voucher for another laptop as spares for computers are meant to be available for 5years and upto 6yrs.

PCPerformance on the phone were useless, called them 5 times because they kept me on hold for 25 minutes the first time, 13mins the second, 10mins the third and forth time then the fifth i told them if they put me on hold again that i will be claiming for the cost of my calls. All these said was it is my problem for not having a battery and that i should visit a well known online market to buy one, i told them i done this then all i got was maybe i should buy a new laptop instead...

Techguys, no offence but your bobbin's. They refused to even check over my laptop to see if there was any other faults because of a battery that keeps dying and powering the computer down the wrong way.

Also told by PCW that the aggrement is no use on this because if the spares are not available then PCW and HP will have to cover the costs for legal reasons and that i might be able to claim all my payments back (£159)

Was told i would get a phone call this week before friday, i await the phone call.