ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PCing help in Essex... any volunteers?!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Hey people,

Once i have pulled a few minor dings out of the car I want to get it machine polished to remove some light swirls and a few surface scratches (that are not visible when the car is wet so they are not major imperfections).

My aim is to remove the dents, clay, then PC, then seal, wax etc as this has never been done on the car before although the paintwork has been relatively well looked after.But I have never used a PC before, have no idea what ones are good or what you do etc.

Is anyone interested in bringing their machine over to me in Essex and giving the paintwork a major going over? Obviously i will pay for your travel, materials, and time (but if you wanted to do it for just materials and petrol then i wouldn't say no! ;))... I'd rather pay money this way, and actually learn something, instead of leaving it in a detailing place (not that i know of any in Essex?) and being none the wiser...

It will be a while yet (month or two) but I just wanted to gauge if there is any interest??....

Mito Sportiva 135
Not sure there will be many kind souls who would do it for free mate, it is quite a long and boring job, only is satisfying once you are done. Making some money however is a lot more satisfying lol. You could save yourself some money though by washing and claying your car before anyone details it properly as claying is easy to do. Not sure on here is from around Essex but you could try on Detailing World otherwise.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Not sure there will be many kind souls who would do it for free mate, it is quite a long and boring job, only is satisfying once you are done. Making some money however is a lot more satisfying lol. You could save yourself some money though by washing and claying your car before anyone details it properly as claying is easy to do. Not sure on here is from around Essex but you could try on Detailing World otherwise.

Cheers Brand......
Will definitely pay someone for their time if they are willing to help me out, as you say its not the most appealing of jobs! Hopefully someone out there local to me has the PC tools and machine etc, has done it many times before and knows what they are doing and would like to have some money in their pocket for a saturday afternoon etc.

As you say, clay i can do myself, although i've never done it there are enough threads on here to sort it all out. But i'm guessing i'll get the best results if i clay then PC straight after? or at least do them in quick succession?

Is this the right order to do it in?

- get dents pulled out
- thorough wash
- clay
- PC machining
- AG SRP
- AG EGP
- Decent wax (still need to buy this)

And then going forward, reapply the way every few weeks, clean using a QD spray, clay every year etc etc?....

I live in essex, But ive only just got my Rotary and im not experienced enough yet to do other people cars (plus i wouldnt really want to).

Its worth paying a professional to machine plolish your car if you want excellent results. I dont have the money for that though and im quite good at picking up things so i brought a Silverline Rotary (blue) off ebay and off cleanyourcar, I brought a backing plate and some sonus 4" pads for now.

You would only need your car machine polished once in a while if you are washing correcly (2 bucket method) and not swirling your car to death.

My routine is (when really giving it a clean)

Foam spray, leave for a few mins.
Hose down to try and get all the excess dirt off.
Re foam and clean with wool hand mit.
Hose.
Clay with lube.
Dry.
SRP
EGP
Poorboys blue wax.

When i machine polish ill be doing this in between i think.

Hope it helps a bit.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
I live in essex, But ive only just got my Rotary and im not experienced enough yet to do other people cars (plus i wouldnt really want to).

Its worth paying a professional to machine plolish your car if you want excellent results. I dont have the money for that though and im quite good at picking up things so i brought a Silverline Rotary (blue) off ebay and off cleanyourcar, I brought a backing plate and some sonus 4" pads for now.

You would only need your car machine polished once in a while if you are washing correcly (2 bucket method) and not swirling your car to death.

My routine is (when really giving it a clean)

Foam spray, leave for a few mins.
Hose down to try and get all the excess dirt off.
Re foam and clean with wool hand mit.
Hose.
Clay with lube.
Dry.
SRP
EGP
Poorboys blue wax.

When i machine polish ill be doing this in between i think.

Hope it helps a bit.

Thanks Guysy.... I am very interested in getting it done professionally, i just dont know where to go, hopefully i'll be able to find somewhere that has good feedback etc...

In terms of the wax, I was recommended by Rich the following for Arctic blue:
R222, Victoria Concours or Swisswax Onyx

I did a search using those words on i4detialing and couldn't find anything, i assume i'm just being stupid but couldn't figure it out!? any idea where u can get them?

Anyway mate, good luck with the polishing, hope it goes well.... you should get some before and after pics posted up! ;)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
for the price you would pay to get it done by a pro you could do it yourself, aslong as you read up on some tips before you start. just use a fine polish to start with and go from there. a little bit of practice and you will be ok with it. IMO

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hello mate, I've not heard of anyone around Essex doing this, so I tried having ago myself by hand. Wasn't going to splash out for the polisher yet as I've only done it a couple of times. I would say though, it does take me all day to do it properly as I'm still learning. I'd recommend maybe washing the car once a week, then have ago at doing a panel or two at a time then you don't rush it and can get an idea of how to do it

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Hello mate, I've not heard of anyone around Essex doing this, so I tried having ago myself by hand. Wasn't going to splash out for the polisher yet as I've only done it a couple of times. I would say though, it does take me all day to do it properly as I'm still learning. I'd recommend maybe washing the car once a week, then have ago at doing a panel or two at a time then you don't rush it and can get an idea of how to do it

Sounds like a very sensible plan Dave... I will do some research for potential professionals, and get some quotes. Then weigh up whats the most viable/sensible solution out of buying something and doing what your doing or paying a pro...
Can't wait to get fully detailed though!.... LY looks sweet by the way! ;)

Hi Martin, nice speaking to you today and look forward to meeting up with you in a month and getting your 182 up to polished perfection.:)

Rob.