ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC totally freezing after windows update

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Anyone else installed the presumed spectre/meltdown update? It was huge and required 8gb on my hdd. Now the PC is randomly freezing with no pattern.

Processor: AMD FX8350

PH2 172
Anyone else installed the presumed spectre/meltdown update? It was huge and required 8gb on my hdd. Now the PC is randomly freezing with no pattern.

Computers are not really my forte, but following a Norton security update last Saturday, which was much larger than usual 10 seconds worth, I was totally locked out following restart.
I couldn`t re attempt another restart without pulling the plug out the wall, and after numerous attempts managed to get into the control panel and use update & restore.
This took me back to the original settings & then I had to install all the Windows 8.1 updates
Not sure if it`s related, but f**king up Norton is the kind of stunt these arseholes like to pull.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

What's your full system spec mate, and what version of operating system are you using (or going from -> to)?

EDIT: I've just taken the Fall Creators Update and it fucked my PC to the point I've just finished a complete fresh reinstallation... FFS!

koi

Audi S1
Creators update messed mine up too, had to redownload the recovery image to do a complete reinstall.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
When did this killer update roll out? My PC did one last week and took an hour to get it to start up again. Then the psu died at the weekend so I've missed all the fake p**n this week. Must sort a new psu soon!

Cupra

How much free hard disk space do you have?
You can check the event logs to see what is being displayed. Most errors end up there.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I’m pretty sure this is the creator still update as I got a load of rubbish installed like xbox live, 3d builder and mindcraft etc. Lost all my start menu arranging which was very annoying!

Strangely Ren has used my PC all day today with no issues. I had a freeze a few times last night and then it seemed to do another update and it’s been OK since.

Got loads of spaced on the SSD.

Spec is
AMD fx 8350
Asus m5a97 r2.0 evo
16gb Hyper X 1600mhz and 8GB of some 1333 stuff.
Gtx460
Multiple hard drives but windows on 256gb SSD

Did some research and it seems like there were some issues with AMD updates but I’m not sure if this is part of the fall creators update.