ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Problem

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Good Afternoon,

I was given a PC which doesn't work and I would like to try and get it working again. Its an eMachines P4 2.5GHz, 512Mb RAM etc. When booting there is no output signal through the onboard graphics and monitor says no signal.
I bought a new motherboard and PSU and put those in and I get exactly the same problem!
Can anyone think of anything which might be causing it not to work?

Surely if it was the RAM/HDD I would get a black screen with some kind of text on, instead I get nothing.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Forgot to mention, already tried another hard drive even though I knew it wouldn't be that.
Could the RAM/Processor be blowing the Mobo?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Just a thought...has it got a graphics card? That will be giving the signal if it has.

No GFX card sadly, onboard only. Apparently its a common problem with eMachines on that type of PC but the fix I read about (getting a new Mobo) doesn't appear to have worked.

Clio 182
Mundy,

Assuming that the new motherboard has onboard graphics and you know the monitor is good. (try testing the monitor on a working system) I would suggest checking the meory and cpu are seated correctly and the heatsink/fan power connector is connected for the cpu. The system will not boot without this. Should you still get no output its time to do some troubleshooting.

Hopefuly you have more than 1 RAM module, and can move the ram around in the DIMM slots. be careful as some systems need at least one module in slot 0. Reffer to the system board manual for slot markings.Again if you have another compatible system try testing the RAM in that?

Failing that It may be the processor thats at fault?

I hope my rant has helped?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Mundy,

Assuming that the new motherboard has onboard graphics and you know the monitor is good. (try testing the monitor on a working system) I would suggest checking the meory and cpu are seated correctly and the heatsink/fan power connector is connected for the cpu. The system will not boot without this. Should you still get no output its time to do some troubleshooting.

Hopefuly you have more than 1 RAM module, and can move the ram around in the DIMM slots. be careful as some systems need at least one module in slot 0. Reffer to the system board manual for slot markings.Again if you have another compatible system try testing the RAM in that?

Failing that It may be the processor thats at fault?

I hope my rant has helped?

I wouldn't call it a rant, its useful! Sadly as its a P4 I don't have any other systems to check the RAM on, our other two pc's are Athlons and this is my laptop so can't check that. Reseated everything on the machine and made sure everything is plugged in correctly.
I have a feeling it could be the Processor but again I would need to check it. I don't know how much it would be for another stick of RAM but I could always get some and if it turns out its not that which is the problem I can always use it so I will have 1Gb. Its gotta be either the CPU or RAM I think as everything else I have changed/tested.

Replaced the PSU for a brand new one, still get the same problem.

Do the fans spin or is there no activity at all?

The fans spin, lights flash, hard drive works etc. Its just as if there is no monitor output.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
I;ve had this problem on 2 e machines, they are from pc world and are fuckin w**k, both times iv replaed mobo and psu and still had same fault so just advised user to buy a new computer!