ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Monitors - Gaming

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
What are you guys rocking with?

I've currently got 2 x 20" Widescreen Samsungs but Windows has never really supported it that well and games even less so.

With the addition of a Blu-Ray drive in my new machine I'm thinking its better to go with a single bigger monitor and was thinking of getting this one:

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors/lcd/x-series/vx2739wm.htm

The reviews haven't been the best, but to be honest I've got 2 x 17" Viewsonics on my second machine and they have been awesome and faultless at the same time, so I'm inclined to go ahead anyway.

Thoughts?

Clio 172 Cup
I always ran a single monitor, 30" Dell Ultra sharp back in the day.

Never used or seen duel displays so wouldn't know any better.

Monaro VXR
Single monitor for gaming, although I do quite fancy a 3 monitor set up for some games.

Just the whole high res issue that you run into. Single monitors generally work better for gaming. Unless you have some serious cash to chuck into 4 way SLI.

I mean imagine trying to run your average 1080 display on a 3 or 6 monitor set up. Talking resolutions of 5760 x 1080 or 5760x 2160. Huge huge resolutions to run, when some games now already push the best gaming GPU's around at resolutions way lower. I can only see it getting annoying.

Then the games that do run well on multi monitors just aren't designed for them so you get horrible graphical issues.

At the moment I still use a BenQ FP241WZ on the gaming system. Bit old now, but still gives a great display.

Clio 172 Mk2
i'm looking at getting the dell ultrasharp u2410 in the next few weeks, can't beat a good ips panel ;)

You can get most games to work with 2 or more screens but it can be an absolute b*****d sometimes. Im running a GTX275 and DX9 games seem to work without much problem, lower the settings slightly but generally everything feels as fast as single screen:

33617_10150291136275593_623925592_14861906_4750946_n.jpg

:cool:

The one thing I would note about the above monitor is thats its only 1920x1080 and for 27" thats gonna look a little big if you get what I mean. My centre monitor is 1080p 24" and that would be about the maximum size I would pick for 1080p. It will be great for movies for the res obviously. The next res would be 1920x1200 which is avail for the same price point but at 26" generally (Iiyama do a couple). You could go all out and buy the Dell 27" with 2560x1440 but thats double the cost.

Thought about a 3D Monitor instead?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-043-BQ&groupid=17&catid=1851&subcat= - Tempting

Monaro VXR
Racing games are about the only thing that looks right on multi monitor setups.

FPS games etc just tend to look horrible. Get buildings looking like they are drunk etc. Suppose DX9 games which are fairly old would run all right on them.

However more modern games, going to have to drop details down quite a bit to get decent frame rates. I personally like to game with all the eye candy turned on and I like it to be a solid 60FPS if possible.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just ordered the Viewsonic, as said the reviews are a bit hit and miss but I've got faith in it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Too small for me coming from 2 x 20"s, I'd get a better 27" but the budget for my new build is escalating out of control quickly and I'd rather not skimp on that.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
If you're gonna get a 27" you might as well get the 30" :p

I had a job a few years ago where we all had the 30" Dell's on our desk.. I miss those days :(