ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Help

182 RB FF
Friend has a compaq PC and he called last night to say that when he turns it on its just keeps rebooting to a black screen saying there was a problem loading windows last time and will try loading again, over and over.

Any ideas?

Think I had this before on an older machine but can't remember how I fixed it. I know it meant starting a fresh and accessing a folder in safemode which had all our music, photos etc... still on there.

Sounds like it has a corrupt windows file. Is it under warranty? Does it say a file name is missing etc?
May need to restore the file from a boot up CD.

182 RB FF
try windows repair imo

Windows repair, can this be done when you can't actually access windows?

Sounds like it has a corrupt windows file. Is it under warranty? Does it say a file name is missing etc?
May need to restore the file from a boot up CD.

Unsure mate, he only gave me that brief description, going to pop round there later tonight to have a better look at it.
I'll have a look for his boot up disk while there though as it sounds like im going to need it...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
of course, you boot up from your windows cd and repair the installation or run chkdsk if you think it's a bad sector issue. Do both of those and if it doesn't work, come back here.