ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC green pad, blue pad, whats the difference

172 mk2
whats the difference between all the different colour pads, are the different cutting grades or sizes? get confused when people say P21 with blue pad megs with green etc..

*and before anyone says it, i know the colours are different

would quite like to get into all the details lark. how many times can you use a pad?

RB 182
Different colours for different jobs. Thing is all the companies have different colour systems as well. The size of the the pad in terms of colour is irrelevant.

You can you the pads time and time again, tends to depend on the compound that you are using on how quick they ware.

172 mk2
which colour which job for the sonus range then? plus are you mean to use certain products on certain pads?

172 mk2
^not sure, whats the difference, wanting to learn all i need so i get get into it this summer.

say the sfx for example

172 mk2
is it really worth pcing a silver car? red, black blue show big differences not sure the work would be worth it?

RB 182
I would get the SFX pads.

SFX-1 (Yellow) - Scratch & swirl remover.
SFX-2 (White) - Polishing Pad.
SFX-3 (Blue) - Final finish & wax pad.

You will notice the difference with a silver car still, even though it is harder to see the swirls.

172 mk2
just wondering why the yellow (+ other colours) has to go with particular items. is it made of different stuff ie firmer or something

RB 182
The sponge on the pad is closer together, when you press on it with your hand you find it notably firmer.