ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC gone into Safe Mode

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Last week I had my PC on surfing the net then had my PS3 on at the same time just by changing the output settings on the monitor. So I just left the PC on doing nothing then come to turning the PS3 off couple of hours later changed back to VGA output the PC was in Safe Mode just a black screen and the words came up Entering Power Safe Mode. So I turned the PC off/on i heard the starting up sequence and no display shows. I haven't had this before that I know off. I got no idea how to resolve this

any help appreciated

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Replaced the battery on the motherboard and it didn't work. Next I'm thinking of replacing the graphics card/gaming card. It's a Asus V621. The PC is a build up one with windows 7,Gigabyte S-Series 6quad motherboard. Also found a VGA V854 Asus disk if that's any help. Any recommendations on a updated graphics card I need to replace?

275 Trophy
How do you know it's hardware related?

I'd back up in safe made and try re-installing windows before spending any money personally.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I know nothing about PC that's why I asked before, nee one replied so I googled what's happened. Just trying different things

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How can I do a restore all I got is a black screen? There's nothing at all. All there is is a start up sound on booting up

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nah no disk, got restore on my external HDD though, don't think they'll be any good

2004 1.5 DCi 100
But you could see "entering power safe mode"? So something's happening. Try tapping F8 as it boots up and see if you can get the boot options to come up (it's usually F8 on most computers). If you can, choose "last configuration that worked" and see if you can get it to boot properly. :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I don't know the full spec of hand. I'm not sure if I got the receipt might be on there. Got all the disks for the stuff. The Entering Safe Mode is the message coming of the screen not coming of the console if you know what I mean. I'm going to change over a different monitor when I get in tonighti tried tapping F8 on start up nothing happened like. Pressed the windows button too on the keyboard that didn't work. I changed the small battery yesterday that on the montherboard that didn't work either

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Got my mates monitor and tried the other VGA port and it's worked I can see the display ok. Looks like I need a new GFX card. Just finding out now what kind of card that's in at the minute

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Re-install the GFX card drivers before any purchases.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Nooo - the drivers for it, uninstall them and reinstall mate.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Download the latest ones.

Goto Programs and Features in Control panel and uninstall all ATI drivers (Catalyst ) you can find... then download the new suite and try that. Never had an ATI card die on me yet.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Where do I download the new suite from? Is the disk that I got no good then?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I did get a message come up on the screen when the display came up on the monitor. Message said The Catalyst control Centre is not supported by the driver of your enabled graphics adaptor. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adaptor using the displays manager

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've found one and un installed it and went on the link for the relevant card and downloaded the link and now installed the AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Do I need to open it up and set up something or is that it?

just plugged the lead back into the GFX VGA slot and still a black screen

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
GFX image.png tried to install it again and i get this message? does it look like it hasn't installed?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Hi, I've come to the point now where I need to purchase a new GFX card the old one is a Radeon HD4650 , which one will replace this one?

Thanks