ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pc failing to boot

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
yesterday had to move the case during the day the pc then was working fine last night

go to use it this morning turn on boots up sounds like the HD spins up and stops over and over followed by three beeps - fan slows down and hd sounds normal again - no display of any kind followed by a single beep and floppy drive to confirm its booted fine :mad: - fully took it apart and put it back together - same issue

My guess - the gfx has let out a war cry and died - swapped the ram about and ran it on half the ram no difference

Any ideas chaps ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
The beeps you are hearing is an indication of a memory problem I think. Could be a number of things tbh, think its advised to check all the RAM sticks etc.

Edit - Just seen you've already done that my bad.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a RAM error to me.

Those beeps clearly signal something though. If you check the MoBo website or forums they should be able to tell you what they mean.

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
Right then,

I fixed the issue GFX card but seemingly created another. The pc used to work in dual channel mode for the ram. Asus sli deluxe mobo.

Took ram out one by one same issue – I cannot find the option to force it into dual channel on the bios. What should i be looking for ?
The pc refuses to bo
ot into windows now – it crashes on the windows loading screen and crashes when i try and use any kind of bootfix utility before i can get into it (windows recovery for instance)

My guess is its down to the ram changing to single channel.

I want to get data off a old HD so thought if windows is borked i will just run a linux os (slax in this case) to get the info off from a bootable cd – it wont even run that :/ despite the two laptops i tested the cd in

Really not sure what ive done