ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Displayport 1.2 Cable

CLIO Iceberg 172
Hi guys,

quick question, im pulling my hair out trying to find a Displayport 1.2 cable. needs to be full displayport and ether a mini DP or a full DP that i can use to connect my ATI 6870 to a Samsung S27A950D monitor, im having issues with flickering on a 1.1 cable so i think i need to up the bandwidth to the 21 gbps cable at 1.2 provides as i only have issues when running 3D applications or using the 3D

Anyone know where i can get one from im struggelling. i cant find a single place that has a ligit cable.

i have found loads of overpriced 1.1a cables and some conflicting cables from lindy, but nothing that states this is a 1.2 cable and allows over 20gbps data rate.
the only one i have found is a monster cable from comet and that £80!!

anyone got any pointers or a place that dose them or know a guy lol

any help would be awesome

Cheers

Cayman S Edition 1
Sounds really odd mate. I have the Samsung screen one model down from yours running off a 6950 and don't have any issues. I'm only using the cable that came with the monitor and the adaptor from the grfx card. Works sweet as a nut.

CLIO Iceberg 172
i was thinking of using the DVI cable that come with it but it wont give me the 120hz, its such a bugger trying to track down this cable

Cayman S Edition 1
I just don't understand why you're getting issues and I'm not. Sure its deff the cable?

CLIO Iceberg 172
it has to be... dont get it with the HDMI or DVI or when im doing 2D stuff. its just when i play 120hz in 3D or try to do a 3D movie that it stats to spaz out so im guessing its a bandwidth issue. this only doing 10gbps i think it needs the 21.6gbps cable. just cant seem to find one anywhere

CLIO Iceberg 172
yep. iv managed to find a cable on some remote website that says its the high speed cable so fingers crossed it is what they say it is.
the issues only happen when i start to push the bandwidth up i.e. HD3D so im sure a faster cable should work. if not its going to drive me crazy trying to track down the issue.
cheers Jay

Cayman S Edition 1
No worries buddy. Just a very odd issue. I tested crysis 2 today on my pc and ran it in3D without any issues. Feel for you buddy!