ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paul's Fiesta ST Project thread

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Small update:

As a few of the north west guys know the car was keyed the other day... bit of a bummer as I have no idea when or where it was done.

tidied it up the best I can for now but going to get it down the body shop and have the rear quater, drivers door and rear bumper resprayed (evans did a shocking touch up on the bumper when I bought the car)

8311060648_9ff5170019_z.jpg

IMG_1123 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

8310013381_a7449c4dc8_z.jpg

IMG_1121 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

I managed to get most of the rear quater out, but now I'm left with a load of dots where it must have broken through deeper.

8311067086_7d9c45ec84_z.jpg

IMG_1133 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

And a quick video of what a standard ST sounds like:

Video

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Love these and yes the 172 is quicker, like them in white.

Feel gutted that some ass has keyed yours mate.

Scott.

M2 Comp
Sorry to hear what happened mate.

I imagine it will be fairly expensive to get sorted too, last thing anyone needs, especially given the time of year.

Hope you get it sorted anyway!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear what happened mate.

I imagine it will be fairly expensive to get sorted too, last thing anyone needs, especially given the time of year.

Hope you get it sorted anyway!

Cheers buddy, hope all is well with your ST.

Scum that did it tbh. Can't have anything these days. You also need an exhaust, they sound superb with a decent exhaust.

That is true, pretty sure its just some bored muppet rather than someone with a problem with me, they do sound pretty awesome with a decent exhaust!

At least you've managed to get some of it out mate!

Yeah pretty pleased with the outcome of that bit! glad to see the trophy has finally sold too :)

2005 clio 1.2 16v
Oh dear gutted someone keyed mine in asda car park!!

Search mountune fiesta ST spitting flames

Thats mine with mountune pack, De-Cat and omex limiter. :)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
How much will it cost to have it sprayed?

Im not too sure yet, I'll be going to my usual body shop though so hopefully they sort something out for me

Oh dear gutted someone keyed mine in asda car park!!

Search mountune fiesta ST spitting flames

Thats mine with mountune pack, De-Cat and omex limiter. :)

Just watched the video on youtube thats mental lol! not good on yours also getting keyed must be blue thing.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Nice example there matey, keying is really unfortunate! Stuff like that really f***s me off, imagine keying someone's car?!

You made a fab job of the detailing aswell! I have a mate with a ST in the same colour but he has the white stripes top + sides and had his wheels powdercoated white to match, looks awesome!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Well the key mark is no more, the car has been in this week for respraying of the drivers rear quater, door and blended into the front wing, and the passenger door sprayed and to remove a slightly awkward parking ding.

Sorry about the phone pictures I haven't had time to get the camera out yet.

8519928126_fc8612cb3a.jpg

IMG_1658[1] by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

8519907412_526803e30b.jpg

Untitled by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The car will unfortunatley be up for sale once I clean it and get some pics this weekend, I've loved owning it and although it does have a few small design faults it is a fantastic car and I'll be sad to see it go, growing up and saving for a house deposit come first though.

I have purchased this beast to run around in until I can afford a house, so from one fiesta to another.

8377056980_eaca3549f5.jpg

IMG_1217 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

8375979767_ff177e14b5.jpg

IMG_1219 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

8377058366_c134031b81.jpg

IMG_1216 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

Don't panic they have both been cleaned since the above pic.

If anyone is looking out for/ knows anyone looking for a nice ST please point them in this direction

Thanks

Paul

Vectra
Real shame your selling up, what do you mean by design faults?

I've been looking at these in Frozen White, only thing that puts me off though is the dash.

what do you mean by design faults?

only thing that puts me off though is the dash.

+1 interesting to hear, see if i agree with you lol.

Tomas if you haven't been in one the dash isn't as bad in real life as it looks in pictures. Oh and FW is the best colour ;)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I love the frozen white ones, they wear white so well.

They could have done small things like either changing the gearing slightly or gone for a 6 speed gearbox because I found mine a bit annoying on the motorway, and the power steering pumps which tend to make an annoying whining noise after a good drive, just small things that dont let it down as such but would have been nice if they were sorted.

All round though I've enjoyed owning it and wouldn't hesitate in reccomending one to people.

I ran an ST for 6 Month's before i gave it my mum and i got my Clio, they are a fantastic car, very adjustable Chassis on them, and they are quicker than the spec's suggest! mine was Performance Blue too.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Sad to see it go, Paul?

Yeah I will be tbh, Ive actually bonded with it quite a lot which is unusual for me, once I get sorted with a house etc I can save to treat myself again until then Ive got to try and resist temptation.

hope the beemer is going okay too.