ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pathetic windscreen washer jets

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Have an odd problem with my windscreen wash. If I have the engine switched off and I try use the windscreen wash it just pisses it all over the bonet, doesn't even get any lift. If I switch the engine on and try it goes a little further and sprays the bottom of my windscreen.

I have tried to clean the jets using a needle but to no avail. I also checked the pipes under the bonnet for any leakages or places where the piping was pinched but also couldn't see anything.

Do I just need a new pump or perhaps new jets, or both?

Any help would be much appriciated, cheers!

Black Sheep
There is an easy fix to this problem. I fixed mines last week. You need to remove the wiper arms which are Cnut. To save cracking your windscreen like I done get a ball joint separator from halfords £11. Remove the scuttle panel. Remove the wiper mechanism by undoing the three bolts. Remove the washer tank it is held by one bolt you will see it.

Pull the two black barrels from the washer tank and pull off the two hoses. These are your motors for the windscreen and the headlights. At the bottom of these motors you will see a White piece of plastic holding a black piece where the hoses attach. Open this up and remove the rubber cylinder whith a pair of needle nose pliers.

Trim around 5 mm of each side with a very sharp knife and re assemble.

Put every thing back together and watch those jets gush like a fire hose.

There is a guide with pictures on how to remove the mechanism ect.

Black Sheep
Not sure if it's the same on a 1.2. But I reckon the motor will be the same. Obviously it wont have headlight motor. Let me know if it works.

Black Sheep
Also I only trimmed the rubber bit for the windscreen and rear window. I find the headlight washers pointless. Who wants soap all over a freshly Polished and waxed car.