ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Past meets

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
As ClioSport went a little dead I think people forgot about meets a little bit and maybe newbies can't really see what it's all about so I think it would be good to put up photos/videos to remind people and maybe get some new people to meets?

So post away. Maybe say what you enjoyed about the meets what could make it better.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309232.318019.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309247.484074.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309259.518947.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309268.953267.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309323.674392.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309335.758844.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309346.343006.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309363.527749.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309373.210038.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309387.761251.jpg

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309525.439637.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309564.027681.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309574.810341.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309584.245250.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309590.245523.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309601.147094.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309609.280168.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309618.047896.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309627.548534.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309636.632526.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309538.292673.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416309538.292673.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 9

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I think as people have got older they have maybe become slightly less full on enthusiast than they used to be, and with not as many new faces coming through it's a sign of things changing. I still try and get to the big meets though and I think we should definitely have a Christmas meal meet (meat) sorted again.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd agree people change people grow up but new people have taken over now. Hopefully new members they can see what it was like and do it all over again. When I joined the club there was nothing in Chester. Sometimes you have to make it want you want it to be. It got to the stage that it can only get better again.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I think that span of 3 years ish was the best time for the north west, massive thanks to yourself @Ash. and the others at the time that made it happen.

The roots n shoots meets were huge, well worth the trip down from blackpool for!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Any of the new reps thought about getting stands at carfest? It could easily be done!! Would make for a very nice weekend for the luckily people that get to go and pagent of power?
CPOP would be the easier one of the two to stand at also we could get a bigger stand.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I might look into something. It's not the ideal time of year for meets though.

I'm not sure we can ever get it back to how it was without a completely new set of people. It worked so well because we were all really pally with each other.

We shall see though. I might have to pick your brains one night over a romantic meal ;)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Any of the new reps thought about getting stands at carfest? It could easily be done!! Would make for a very nice weekend for the luckily people that get to go and pagent of power?
CPOP would be the easier one of the two to stand at also we could get a bigger stand.

When is it mate?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Not sure I will have to google them but I am working at the moment. So I will find out later. The only thing is work carfest with out sounding like a dick it's only open to some clubs all the tickets are sold out already but you can still get car clubs in. But they won't want £1500 1*2
I think people would have to apply with in the club it's only 8 cars needed on Friday Saturday and Sunday they don't have to be the same 8. But 8 nice cars.
V6clio.net aren't going this year so maybe a few v6s a mint trophy, Williams, or just nice examples if you know what I mean.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
There's still lots that you can do dude! I did all as good as on my own you should be able to do it. You never know I might do another big meet this spring.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
When is it mate?

There's carfest north and south so it could be very good for the club but as said before it will have to be carefully done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416319892.333235.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416319938.069660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416319968.605384.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416320033.677124.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416320073.780647.jpg

It's not you average show/event.

http://www.cpop.co.uk

http://www.carfest.org

Ron I think you will be able to find out all that you would need on those websites. I've bin to both of them a number of times there's no reason why cs couldn't stand there if it was done with I. The club the right way I did think about sorting it out myself a number of times but I have always bin to busy. It's hope someone gets it sorted as there's more than enough time to get it sorted out.

Last edited:

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I doubt we would be able to either of those dates.

There's already things happening on both those weekends

Tbh I think that's a bit poor. It's small numbers it doesn't cost a lot so I can't see why the club couldn't.
If fact if I would bet that if someone got In contact with those events for the northwest we would easily fill the slots! But if the club don't want to have a appearance in two nice events like that then no worries.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Tbh I think that's a bit poor. It's small numbers it doesn't cost a lot so I can't see why the club couldn't.
If fact if I would bet that if someone got In contact with those events for the northwest we would easily fill the slots! But if the club don't want to have a appearance in two nice events like that then no worries.

Calm down lol !

We can't be at two shows at the same time!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Calm down lol !

We can't be at two shows at the same time!

Calm down I didn't know that I wasn't calm? I was just saying in my opinion that's poor of admin to just dismiss it. With a club of this size I can't see how it can't be in two places at once. For both events it needs no more than 8/10 cars and people how many members are on here? This thread was started to show people that it's still a good place to be for members to look back at how meets have bin and sharing each other's photos of meets members enjoyed. To try and talk about them, to get people wanting to do and go meets again.

I am sure that there members on this forum in the north west that would love to go the events that I has posted. That maybe feel the events that cliosport.net are doing at the same time aren't for them or a little far away.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Good to see pics of Special Bus up there ^^^ lol.

As enjoyable as most of the NW meets were I am of the opinion the Chester ones were the best of them.

I loved the special Bus shame it's no longer here. Glad that you enjoyed the meets dude. I will have to catch up with you lot soon. I will try and make the next Manchester meet.

Clio Sport 182
Well said ash.
I for one, haven't been to POP yet and would love to go as part of a CS club stand as that would justify the price of tickets.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
^Some brilliant meets. And there's a lot of others that haven't been posted lol.
Hopefully they pick back up again in the New Year :)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
As joe and tom said there's loads of meets that haven't bin posted like trips to the lake the BBQ meets (I think the BBQ one being one of the most enjoyable totally last minute thing and it made a top night) and the bonfire night one was good.

Tom if cs don't want to do it I think I may just sort it out myself. Sure if I just text a few people we could pull a stand together.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Calm down I didn't know that I wasn't calm? I was just saying in my opinion that's poor of admin to just dismiss it. With a club of this size I can't see how it can't be in two places at once. For both events it needs no more than 8/10 cars and people how many members are on here? This thread was started to show people that it's still a good place to be for members to look back at how meets have bin and sharing each other's photos of meets members enjoyed. To try and talk about them, to get people wanting to do and go meets again.

I am sure that there members on this forum in the north west that would love to go the events that I has posted. That maybe feel the events that cliosport.net are doing at the same time aren't for them or a little far away.

If you wish to organise a meet at these events then crack on mate. But as a club we have already committed to be a bigger shows on those dates. Hence why I said we can't be in two places at the same time [emoji6]

It's not a case of dismissing anything. It's a case of already being committed.

I would imagine that the majority of people on here will be at The Renault World Series event at the end of August and the event on the weekend at the end of July will probably be quite popular with CS members too.

Ron

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice to see a sensible reply this time. Well I think I will see if a rep would like to sort any of the events out if not I would be more than happy to help them or to do it myself.

As for renault World Series I am not so sure people in the area will be that keen to go it's a long way for them. Also I hope that they have made it better than it was a few years ago I was very disappointed with how it was ran and the fact people don't respect the cars every time I went back to my car to find damage on it from people sitting on my bonnet or leaning against it to take photos.

So to anyone hopping to go I would advise to park in the car parks. Don't show your car go and enjoy watching the cars on track.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I would have thought that our reps will be helping to organise convoys and generally supporting CS at the shows we will be attending officially as a club.

However that said, if World Series don't have club stands then we may look at at doing something else. It's all early days so we will have to wait and see what happens.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Wtf.

That's just not on at any gathering.

The problem is with it is dude it's a free event to the public you just apply for tickets so any dick goes so not everyone understands that the cars there are from people like me and you most people seamed to think that they were from renault and could do what they want to the cars on display. I got so annoyed I had to walk off I couldn't deal with it. A lad that use to be on here rich he had some woman kicking off at him when he told her to got off my car.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The problem is with it is dude it's a free event to the public you just apply for tickets so any dick goes so not everyone understands that the cars there are from people like me and you most people seamed to think that they were from renault and could do what they want to the cars on display. I got so annoyed I had to walk off I couldn't deal with it. A lad that use to be on here rich he had some woman kicking off at him when he told her to got off my car.

Ah, I see. Shame.

Lol! Silly cow.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I would have thought that our reps will be helping to organise convoys and generally supporting CS at the shows we will be attending officially as a club.

However that said, if World Series don't have club stands then we may look at at doing something else. It's all early days so we will have to wait and see what happens.

Maybe so Ron but there's three reps now for a area and all are close to the area of the events I've posted and maybe one would rather do that I don't know. I don't know if you think I am not trying to support cs or trying to put me down I just feel they would be good events for the club. I had far more people talk to me about my car at carfest than World Series. I feel like I've done a lot for this club more than my fair share maybe I shouldn't bother anymore.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Maybe so Ron but there's three reps now for a area and all are close to the area of the events I've posted and maybe one would rather do that I don't know. I don't know if you think I am not trying to support cs or trying to put me down I just feel they would be good events for the club. I had far more people talk to me about my car at carfest than World Series. I feel like I've done a lot for this club more than my fair share maybe I shouldn't bother anymore.

I've already answered this I think mate? I don't want to come across as being an arse but as I've already said we would expect our reps to be organising convoys and attendance at shows we are attending officially as a club. If we don't have a stand at World Series we may look at doing carfest. Until we know one way or another if there's going to be club stands at World Series I can't give you a definitive answer [emoji6]

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh good times! :D

I haven't been to World Series but thats not the firs time I've heard about cars being damaged!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh good times! :smiley:

I haven't been to World Series but thats not the firs time I've heard about cars being damaged!

I came back with 14 dints in my bonnet and a scratch on my back arch.
But the convoy down was good.
you'd be up for CPOP or carfest wouldn't you dude?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm at work during CPOP but would be up for the Sat of Carfest if I'm not in Asia that time of year!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Looking forward to the 2015 CPOP, didnt get to go this year. The RAOC usually have a stand there too dont they?

Should just arrange something through the v6 owners club Ash - maybe they won't all be busy with RWS.