ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger side Window rattles when closing door

I've had my doorcard off twice now and tightened every screw/torx I could find.. It feels like my window is hitting the frame around it when I close my door, does it with window up aswell but is louder with window down.

If anyone can think of anything it might be and a possible fix for this like blue sound deadening or buying some new parts etc would really help me out.

Adam

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
i thought i had this problem till i realised it was all the crap i had rattling in the door card, cds screwdriver etc

Looking for a ph1 172
i had this with my drivers door on my clio. i think it happened when i removed the door card.like a little bit of plastic or rubber fell off down into the bottom of the door.it looked like the plastc bit was there to push the glass away from the door

why dont you remove the opposite side door card and have a look and see if anythings different and see if you can see the bit im trying )(vdery badly) to describe. it happened to me a long time ago so im trying to remember.lol

OK will give that ago when it's stops raining :(

Where abouts should this 'plastic piece' be before it fell off? (If it has fallen off that is)

Just trying to describe the noise a little better, It sounds like the whole window is smacking the frame it sits in, It's not like arattly noise it's a one off 'clunk' noise lol Wow it's hard to describe problems on a forum!!

Looking for a ph1 172
iirc the plastic bit was on the inside of the door at the top just under the slot where the window winds down into.you may be able to see it on the other side if u wind the window down and look down into the door card through the slot.

yeh what your describing sounds like what mine did.
and as for waiting for the rain to go off.its beautiful up here in edinburgh been scorching all day

iirc the plastic bit was on the inside of the door at the top just under the slot where the window winds down into.you may be able to see it on the other side if u wind the window down and look down into the door card through the slot.

yeh what your describing sounds like what mine did.
and as for waiting for the rain to go off.its beautiful up here in edinburgh been scorching all day

The sun seems to be coming out now, we've had loads of cloud for the past 4 hours :(

Will I need to take both doorcards off to try and find this plastic bit?

Looking for a ph1 172
im not 100%sure mite need to.as i said wind down the window that doesnt rattle and look down into the slot and see uf you can see the plastic bit.

Just had a quick look and can't see any difference between them (just looking down the where the window goes into the door)

I'm just gonna go and do a quick video of what the difference in sound is from either door. Might help with coming up with a solution.

Looking for a ph1 172
hmm you mite have to remove the door cards then.maybe a bit drastic since this was about 2 years ago and i cant remember exactly maybe someone has any other ideas