ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger seat

Clio MK2 PH2
my passenger seat wont fold forward to allow people to get into the back anymore have to let them in through the drivers side, so annoying! :dapprove:

any ideas?

1.5 DCI clio 09
i had this when i first brought my car, aparently the cable inside had snapped or come off, however my car trade place where i get it from fitted a new one for me cost about 12+ for the part but didnt cost me anything because my best friend works their but that would be whats wrong if anything.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Mine was a bit tricky to pull now and again, untill one day i really yanked at it and then it snapped lol. Could just try taking the cover off the back of the seat and soaking the cable with WD40? If its really that much of a problem, if you have a feel around on the back of the seat there's a metal bar going through it horizontally(that the cable is connected to), push it foward and the seat folds foward. Can easily be done sitting in the drivers seat and saves you getting out to let people in

Last edited:

Bux

Golf GTD
Has the actual cable snapped or has the little plastic thing on it broken? The plastic bit broke on both my front seats and I fixed it with zip ties

Clio MK2 PH2
just went out to the car there now, the leaver seems to be alot easier to pull up than that of the drivers seat (probably means the cable is snapped?).. tried pushing the metal bar forward in the back of the seat and it folded up no bother.. how much would it be to get this fixed, could i do it myself?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
just went out to the car there now, the leaver seems to be alot easier to pull up than that of the drivers seat (probably means the cable is snapped?).. tried pushing the metal bar forward in the back of the seat and it folded up no bother.. how much would it be to get this fixed, could i do it myself?

Pull up the leather at the back of the seat and have a look, iirc correctly i had to take half the cover off of my seat to get to mine. No idea how simple it would be to do yourself / how much it would cost, but when you find out let me know!