ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passed M.O.T First time but...

Just passed my M.O.T for the first time in my history of cars.lol. But the advisery slip said my rear discs are starting to pitt. Two new tyres for the front as close to legal limit. the bad bit my offside alloy is slighty buckled, not good.

Does anyone know anywhere to get two good cheap tyres from?

Formally Clio 182
Michelin PE2's are the best, I've always put these on my car with the best price being £100 per tyre fitted.

If you can't afford them then any tyres will do for like £50 a piece but put PE2's on when you've got the money because a tyre is a tyre at the end of the day and if you just drive on roads then it's not gonna matter too much.

Discounted 1*2 parts
you'll be able to pick up budget tyres from £30 upwards but imo the only tyre to fit is a michelin pe2.

the yokohama prada is a good tyre but a little sketchy in the wet

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Heard good things about the V12 Evo's although never run them myself. Always been impressed with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's if you can still find them anywhere - got them on the S2000 and they do well enough.

Toyo T1R's are also quite cheap and you could do a lot worse. The F1's are better in the wet though, and are a quieter tyre. Also seem to last slightly longer imo, although both are quite soft.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
i had 2 yokohama S-drives delivered off ebay for 90 quid. i cant fault them altho i dont really drive my car hard to be honest

I have been thinking going to go with the PE2's go for quality, cheapet tyres will wear quicker therefore end up spending the same, also they seem to be the favourite.

Looking for 182
Don't skimp on tyres, they're what keep you on the road. A decent set of tyres will make a hell of a difference, and will last much longer.