ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS rack pipe

Just wondering why the PAS rack high prssure pipe is designed as it is? solid pipe and 2 pieces of flexi hose, is there a reason for this, ie a pressure difference on the system or are the flexi pieces just for the links between the engine and bodywork for vibration, I was wondering why you can't do this in 1 piece of double wound flexi pipe as we use this a lot in Lift Hydraulic applications?
The flexi pipe looks to have quite a large internal diameter compared to the solid pipe, or is it just a package issue ie space available?

Regards russ.......

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'd imagine its like that to accommodate engine/gearbox movement really. The only problem I can foresee is if the internal diameter of the replacement pipe is bigger, it will reduce the pressure to the rack. The drop may only be small and not cause any issue though, but without putting a pressure gauge on and doing back to back tests its a bit of an unknown.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
laguna runs a long flexi pipe, and I've done similar quite a few times when converting A/C cars to cup setup

Cheers lads that's handy to know Dan.
I'll take the old set up into the Hydraulics place we use and ask him to calc the internal diameter required, the only draw back with full flexi is you'll get a liittle more expansion on it under prssure so a little pressure drop would be expected.
What does the PAS switch monitor? as when mine failed it didn't show any light on the dash and the resovoir was empty.

Regards Russ......