ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS pump go boom

Audi TT 225
Just driving home a few hundred yards from my house and, battery and stop lights came on, few sec's later overheating light came on and engine temp went through the roof, noticed I lost PAS too which was interesting negotiating a tight roundabout.... not fun!

Parked up and found the roller for my PAS pump has shot off out of the pump, its way out of line with all the others, aux belt came off, looks like the belt should get changed too :dead:

Son on a b***h!

Anyone got Part No & price for a new pump?
How hard is it to change?

:banghead:

DSC00160.gif

I got a price of £370 from Renault when I needed one. Can't remember whether that was including or excluding vat.

Audi TT 225
yeah engine was new.... pas pump was off the old enigne.

£370.. free rubber fist included?

BMW M135i
Lucky it didn't do its usual cambelt snapping trick really. Still a shitter though :(. Matt black for a replacement pump?

Audi TT 225
aint paying the renault price I'll have to get a second hand one

you can see how far out it is on this pic, should be in line with the others

DSC00161.gif

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I get the impression you've like your car as much as me, i've had mine a year now and i've never driven it without something being broke/worn out

Audi TT 225
since I owned it (almost 2 years) its had new:

cup alternator and brackets
engine
clutch
rebuilt box
gearbox mount
spark plugs
2 cam belts
2 aux belts
coolant hoses
battery
ht leads
ICSV valve
springs
front discs and pads
rear discs and pads
rear bearings
both handbrake cables
exhaust
all fluids drained and replaced twice and a load of oil changes and new filters....

And probably more random bits and bobs too. Not much left or the orignal car now.... :dead:

Clown Car
That PAS pulley looks like it is on a keyway on the PAS shaft and it has worked it's way along the length of the shaft until it is no longer in contact with the keyway, if that is what has happened then what holds the pulley on to the shaft, is it an interferance fit so it is pressed on the shaft or was there a bolt and washer screwed in the end of the shaft to stop it coming off or has it damaged the keyway?.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
my pas pump done that.. the stealers fixed it free of charge coz i had it less than 30 days:)

Audi TT 225
yep pm'ed ben already about his pump for sale.

meh told you the pas didn't seem right fred lol :dead:

lucky it happened right by my house I drove to milton keynes last week 300 odd miles :eek:

How hard is it to change the pump? Belt looks easy enough to do.

Lionel Richie
i've got a spare pump, but its off a crashed 172 cup, you can have it, but i'm not sure if its worth risking!

not too bad to change, alternator back out though

Audi TT 225
yeah I'll see if ben still has his its off a ph1

spose you gotta drain the pas fluid, disconnect the pas lines and swap the pump over then chuck a new belt on yeah?

Audi TT 225
Sounds like a good deal :approve:

I'll have to order a new 0.12mm soldering tip for the smd's mines not fine enough anymore.
What do you want done just the dials or everything? I'll have to count up how many smd's etc you'll need.

M

mini-valver

b*****d! After the PM the other day I thought you were getting back on track with it! Chin up fella.....

Audi TT 225
I know as soon as I fix something, then something else goes wrong... :S

Im slowly running out of things to replace tho! :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know as soon as I fix something, then something else goes wrong... :S

Im slowly running out of things to replace tho! :D

Lol same as mine, just had new gearbox and clutch, now think the rear dampers are shot! arg.

Audi TT 225
Too true mini!

lol I need new front shocks...shot ;)
And new rubber....and the tax is due end of the month... :banghead: