ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pas pump emergency

Ph1 172, Leon cupra
Any ideas for an emergency bypass of the pas pump, i.e a shorter belt that may suffice etc? Reason being that my high pressure hose split en route to work lost all fluid, and after stoppping to make this discovery I had to drive a few miles to work. I now think the pump is about to seize as I pulled up (belt squeeling and some smell are obvious giveaways!) , and ideally need to get 7 miles home.

Already deleted aircon so am running proper 172 cup aux belt set up

Any suggestions?

Norris1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Wouldn't risk it without a water pump myself, I've got a pas pump if you need one and a pair of pipes.

Lionel Richie
only 7miles, just knock it off and coast, keep an eye on the temp gauge, 7miles isn't far! If it gets hot just park up for a bit with bonnet open

or try and source a 5 or 6pk 810 (or 840) belt, but i'm not sure on the size, search on here

Ph1 172, Leon cupra
Cheers for the replies. Ok shorter belt would be preferable, will one fit with the pump still in situ though? Just miss out the pump?

5PK847 is what I used - with my pas pump removed

Fits like this

IMG_2468.jpg

If no-one local has one -> 202660655 on eurocarparts. £14 including next day delivery

Ph1 172, Leon cupra
Cheers, guessing there is enough adjustment on the alternator bracket so that either of those belts will work (slightly different lengths)

Ph1 172, Leon cupra
Sorted with a 5pk848, belt fits with pas pump still in situ so an easy temp fix! thanks all