ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pas pump and water pump

hi guys

been told today theres alittle play in both pumps when they was changing my aux belt

this normal as i dont really want to spend the best part of a grand to sort it??
cheers
matt

BMW M135i
The water pump will only get worse and start to leak if it isn't already. PAS pump might last a while longer, depends how much play is a little really as to how urgent it is.

Lots of Alfas
Not ideally, especially the water pump. Cambelt needs to come off to change the water pump iirc.

Cambelt only has to come off on the 197, on the 172/182 its all driven by the aux belt. Not sure what they mean by play, are they making a noise, does the water pump leak or whine when engine is cold?

Seen water pumps leak, theyre normally pretty reliable tho and iirc only bout £30 so worth changing. Who's doing the job Matt if you dont mind me asking?

BMW M135i
Cambelt only has to come off on the 197, on the 172/182 its all driven by the aux belt. Not sure what they mean by play, are they making a noise, does the water pump leak or whine when engine is cold?
Yeh just checked your safe on that one, couldn't remember if the pump would clear the belt if its fitted.

Lionel Richie
£1K to fix? they're having a bubble bath

a new PAS pump is about £300 and a water pump about £60, can be done in under 3hrs