ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS Leak question

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
hi guys,

When I got my Clio a couple of weeks ago PAS Fluid was leaking out the PAS bottle cap, it looked like it had been overfilled so I drained some of the fluid. Also noticed the pipe underneath the bottle looked like it was leaking PAS fluid but just thought it was leaking down from the bottle cap.

Couple of weeks later it all seemed fine as there was no leaks from the PAS cap.. this evening I was looking underneath the engine under tray and noticed lots of fluid. Looked at the PAS pump (or what I think is the PAS pump, lowest item on the belt) and it had a drip of fluid.. looking underneath the pas bottle at the pipes where is meets the bottle it looks like it was leaking still. My question is would the leak on the bottle pipe cause all this mess underneath the under tray? Could it be something else ? Are the bottles prone to failure? All other fluids like water, brake fluid etc are all ok