ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS Kung Fu!

Audi TT 225
Following on from my last post my PAS pully and its shaft decided to leave the pump and take the belt with it :eek:

DSC00161.gif

So I had fun today trying to change the PAS pump, took a few pics lol

First job was to pop the alternator off, then I descovered theres no way to get the alternator out of the engine bay...
Adios Mr Bumper!

DSC00172.gif

Had just enough room to slide the alternator out the front :approve:
Was much easier to get to the bolts for the pump with the alternator out of the way.

DSC00166.gif

Eak! :eek: yozza custom pas brackets :S

DSC00164.gif

Anyway drained the pas fluid, noticed my pas sensor looks mighty tw*tted :mad:
There was also browny gunk on the contacts, remember reading that meant the sensors fubar... anyone confirm?

DSC00178.gif

Once the pump was off the shaft just dropped out lol
that would be why it was making an odd noise!

DSC00180.gif

Then stuck the new pump on, refilled the fluid, she started first time after standing for about a month, expected the battery to be flat...

Drove up and down the street, few 3 point turns and works a goodun :approve:
Got a tiny tiny leek coming from the custom brackets but I'll tighten those up tomorrow and put the bumpers back on properly.

Not bad for the machanically challanged :eek:

Audi TT 225
Me thinks its a lot easier with the cup setup as the ph1 would have the aircon pump in there also...

Ben you still got your pas pressure sensor? Swap it for a bottle of Cillit Bang :D

Audi TT 225
Clips broke and did some searching on the forum and apparently if theres pas fluid on the metal contacts then the sensor is leaking and the pas pump doesn't know when its pumping the fluid too hard... or something along those lines...
Wonder if thats why my pump died :S

DSC00176.gif

Audi TT 225
groovy it should be attached to one of the pas lines near the pump.

gonna send me those dials too?

Audi TT 225
hahaha I got a little dead end road on the side of my house :D
nobody uses it so I got a stretch of tarmac to play on

LY 182
the sensor just jacks the idle speed up a tad on full lock/high pressure to stop it stalling

Skoda Fabia vRS
those sensors seem to be one of the things to go, so personally id replace it, if it isnt buggered already its not gonna last in that state