ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

parts

Clio Trophy
Ok so been speaking to wests about prices and decided that im going to have to change the rear discs and also the front suspension on the trophy...

quick question...

if i change the suspension from the sachs to the 182 cup suspension. do i just need the new suspension. (im buying new top mounts for them aswell) do i need anything else for this change over?

182 cup / cup packed front shocks - 8200681109 - £49.85 x2

Top suspension mounts - 543A09780R - £35.44 x2
Washer - 8200867250 - £9.55 x2

what is the washer for? do i need to replace this

and also rear discs with the bearings
Rear discs - 7701204901 - £89.62 PAIR INCLUDES BEARINGS + ABS RINGS
Rear hub nuts - 7703034250 - £3.46 each x2
Rear disc spacer - 6000073518 - £8.59 each x2

does this spacer always have to be replaced when changing the rear discs?

thanks folks

Cup In bits
The washer you refer to is probably the fix for knocking top mounts and the spacer is needed for the rear disks but should be in good condition if it is fitted to the car. Your the only one that can say if you need both parts as nobody will know what your car has fitted. Personally I would buy them to make sure everything can be done at once.

I can't comment for sure on the suspension swap but iirc it's pretty much a straight swap. Don't quote me in that though.

Seems a bit dear from my experience

Call Adam at Renault autoworld on 01902439264 He will be cheaper... And those spacers need changing if they were not fitted in the first place or have been crushed due to over torquing the hub nut.

Straight swap on suspension iirc

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Dampers will be straight swap as long as they're cup ones. Standard trophy springs will go on dampers no worries too.

Only difference you'll notice is that when fitting the cup dampers that the body of the dampers is a bit taller than the Sachs so need some force to push the hub down to put the bolts for damper/hub in as you'll be fighting the arb a bit.