ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

parts list for 182 turbo?

impreza sti prodrive
hi, i cant find a good list of the parts for the turbo conversion for a 182 on ktec site, can someone write 1 for me?

whats the dimensions of the intercooler & pipe work?
what model turbo do they use? ( is it an air research t27? )
what size is the intake & exhaust housing?
are the silicone hoses on the pipework anything special or just regular 90 degree bends etc?

i have freinds in the engineering buisness & a freind of the family makes racing exhust systems & im pretty handy with a spanner so i think i could do my own conversion by only buying pistons rods, fuel rail, oil pressure regulator etc from ktec.

cheers nic

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
It might not be easy to find that out mate not many will want to tell you.

impreza sti prodrive
thats what i thought bud, still thinking of doing it my self, got plenty of gear lying around. also have a 2wd cossie intercooler which looks around same size as k tecs,

whats special bowt k tecs rods? are the std rods shat or too long?

could still do with knowing which turbo they use?

got any pics of yours ryan?

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
best turbo to use (regardless of what is used in any kit) would be a Garrett GT28R
If you're going to DIY it, dont base it on an existing kit unless you're actually going to use that kit IMO.

Use the biggest intercooler you can, heat from the turbo will be the biggest killer of power. Something around 60mm would be the best size for the boost pipes, using metal pipes with short joiners

H-section rods are used for strength, the extra torque you will see on a high boost turbo setup, i would not trust the standard parts. Forged pistons, and choosing the right compression ratio are also very important, go too low and it will be gutless off boost

impreza sti prodrive
^^^^^cheers fella, i no about the compression ratios, which is why i was trying to find out ktecs length etc as will save a head ache. i no h sections are stronger was just wondering how strong the std rods were under heavy load. my intercooler i already have is atleast the size of k tecs. pipe work i can get made up for next to nowt, also dont want to run stupid boost max of around 12/14psi

impreza sti prodrive
...and when it all goes wrong, I hear GDI are very good with engine work

why would it all go wrong? ive built up plenty of engines, aye fair enough theyve either been n/a or turbo not converting but an engine is an engine nowt to them realy.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mate you need pretty much everthing on the pages below

http://www.k-tecracing.com/catalogue.asp?app=Clio 172/Cup/182

You'll also need to purchase the cast (log) manifold, whilst I appreciate your friend is handy with exhausts the space between the block and bulk head is to tight for a tubular manifold. Unless you were willing to extend it across so the turbo sits above the gearbox.

For the costs of having things custom made and the ballache/time that will go into measuring everything up you might as well bite the bullet and base it on the Ktec kit at least its been proven time and time again.

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
thats what i thought bud, still thinking of doing it my self, got plenty of gear lying around. also have a 2wd cossie intercooler which looks around same size as k tecs,

whats special bowt k tecs rods? are the std rods shat or too long?

could still do with knowing which turbo they use?

got any pics of yours ryan?
Loads in the thread i have in the projects section mate.