ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts diagram needed for Gear linkage

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
I have just got a new linkage bar and the old one has a resin ball and the new one has a softer plastic covering. Got a new no12 bush as well and the slop has gone but the gear shift is a bit stiffer (think its down to the softer plastic vs the harder resin. The new plastic covered one also has plastic covering the linkage conector at the end which makes it so it doesnt fit so i have cut this off so its the raw matal like the origional. Dont know if this is for a later linkage to gearstick rod but dont see why you would have it.

In older cars the elbow joint consists of a clevis bar, metal bush, rubber spacer, bolt, small linkage (with uncovered head), washer and nut (washer and nut are not applied if there is a threaded plate on the clevis bar). The head of small linkage in newer cars is plastic covered, in this case the linkage consists of 'pivoted' gear linkage end, small linkage (plastic covered), washer and nut (like in Bigash's vid). This pastic covered one has got a taller head, this replaces the previous version's rubber spacer. This soft spacer tends to split.

182cup & 172 racecar
Right guys, just warning about the #12

As I said I fitted it the other week and thought all was well.

Took the race car up the road and back (private of course) 1,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,fcuk, whats happened.

Managed to get back to workshop, took sump guard off, #12 was hanging in by a nats whisker.

Lady luck was on my side, circlip was on sump guard still.

So a warning, these are a very tight fit, in the end I had to get the clip in place and knock it in with a socket and hammer.

Thank God I took it for a run, and it didn't happen in Qualifying.

I was fooled, I thought the clip had gone in, so don't make my mistake, make sure it is fully home before you drive it.

Luv Tony.X

Clio 172 RS ph1
how can i get the whole part numbers from the diagram ?
also, what part do i need to replace to repair the movement in the gear knob ?
Daniel.

Right guys, just warning about the #12
As I said I fitted it the other week and thought all was well.
Took the race car up the road and back (private of course) 1,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,fcuk, whats happened.
Managed to get back to workshop, took sump guard off, #12 was hanging in by a nats whisker.

Haha just had this happen to me... Had to get a new circlip as I had lost it. Ordered a new one through Renault and beat it in place.

Does anyone have the partnumber for #10?

Clio 172
Hey guys,
Sorry to open up an old thread, but does anyone have the part number for the spring (number 23)?
Thanks,
Luke