ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Park your car

Less
Where do you park your car at night?
If you are regular to these forums you may have read that I am seriously considering buying a LY R27.

Now I am slightly relucant because I live in the centre of town, and thus the car will be parked on the street at night. I live in a respectable cul-de-sac and the chances are slim but still its in the back of my mind.

Not really worried about the car being stolen, more defaced, "keyed", smashed window etc.

What are your thoughts on my thoughts.... cheers for reading

clio...
Install a camera over looking your car. Cheap as chips.

I normally keep mine on my drive; But If your street is similar to mine you've always got young kids kicking balls. That are just attracted to my drive. Few screams later & 1 knifed ball there away.

LY 200
Mines in the garage night and day until i need to drive it, most of the time that being the weekend.

I may have a new job on the horizon and i will need to be driving and parking in a public carpark daily if i get it, iv already decided to sell up and get a car like a black, silver, blue etc Zetec S or the like that wont stick out and i wont worry about leaving.

F/F Titanium 182
On my drive. When i bought my 182 the colour was a consideration, i went with titanium cos i thought it would draw less attention than my favourite colour which was racing blue!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
down the back of myhouse, not visible from the road, sometimes its behing double gates sometimes i just leave it infront.
i can see it from my bedroom window and is covered by security lights

Mines in my garage, I wouldn't have a nice car without a garage, period.

When I first met my wife she lived in town (2 up 2 down, street parking) and when parked over night there, I found Puke on my car, footsteps on my car and some scratches over the few months she lived there:(

I vowed then to only buy a house with a garage :)

had no such problem again :)

Simon

SMURF!!!
On the drive with security posts and cctv cameras - got two rs - so bf thought it would be wise.... not that i dont live in a nice area hehehe

If I had to park my car on the street, I would just have an old banger that I didn't care about. I hate parking my car on the street for an hour, let alone all the time. I'm lucky where I live, but if I couldn't park out the way, then I would sell up and get an old car.

It's not worth having a nice car, and worrying all the time, let alone finding all the damage.

Less
2 options then. Either go for a lesser colour Black or Red (save myself £1,200 in the process) or accept it may happen.

KG Exige - ex-V6 owner
I would probably move to somewhere where i didn't have to worry about parking it on the road. Leaving it on the road, it will no doubt end up with some damage, and it'll do your head in jumping out of bed every time you hear something outside - just to check that your car is safe.

I leave mine on my drive - but have just bought one of these as a deterrant, and prevention measure.
drv-commercial.jpg

LY 200
I would probably move to somewhere where i didn't have to worry about parking it on the road. Leaving it on the road, it will no doubt end up with some damage, and it'll do your head in jumping out of bed every time you hear something outside - just to check that your car is safe.

I leave mine on my drive - but have just bought one of these as a deterrant, and prevention measure.
drv-commercial.jpg

Lol @ that!!

Does one of them stop it being keyed or broken into then Mark?? Still reckon the garage idea may be a better deterent!!! ;)

KG Exige - ex-V6 owner
Lol @ that!!
Does one of them stop it being keyed or broken into then Mark?? Still reckon the garage idea may be a better deterent!!! ;)

No - but i leave my glovebox open, and nothing in the car. Seeing as my stereo is standard, and i have a tracker, it was the next logical thing for me to buy for security.

But i see what you mean ;) A garage is deffo a good thing to have - maybe the original poster could rent a garage to put it in?

Less
I keep an eye on what cars are parked there on a regular basis. There is one 172 around the same area. But nowt like an R27

NEED V6!
lol as my last one was stolen i park my new liquid yellow 182 at front of the house with 4 cars from mum,dad and bros behind it with tracker fitted on it;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My car is parked about 30 metres from a "country road" in an enclosed yard, with motion sensitive CCTV that also beeps in my room when activated, where i keep my air rifle and catapult :)