ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

panel filter advise. What to go for?

RB 182 cup
want to buy a panel filter for the golf, its a 240bhp 1.8T. I have the following options -

Ramair panel - £25

K&N panel - £38

Pipercross panel - £33

Green panel - £48

HKS panel - £38

BMC panel - £40

Is the Green one worth £23 more than the Ramair one?

What are peoples thoughts on these filters?

Thanks, Matt.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
want to buy a panel filter for the golf, its a 240bhp 1.8T. I have the following options -

Thanks, Matt.

Quick question - how have you manged 240bhp on the standard filter? MK IV I assume?

REVO stage 2 takes them to 205-220bhp but requires intake mods.

P.S i'm not doubting you, just interested as I have a couple of friends with MK IV Golfs and this could be useful to them.

RB 182 cup
I haven't gone to 240bhp yet, the stage two cars regularly make 245ish at Rtech and its going to them soon.
205-220 is just standard car remap territory.
With a 3" down pipe and exhaust system, uprated Turbo intake pipe, 007p recirc, big front mount mount and a few other bits people have had more than 240 on a K03s
Its advised that i get an uprated panel in the standard air box so was just wondering which one to go for.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I wouldn't get any panel filter. The gain is so negligible you'd never notice it.
Of course if the car has a MAF sensor then don't get an oiled filter e.g. k&n

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't get any panel filter. The gain is so negligible you'd never notice it.
Of course if the car has a MAF sensor then don't get an oiled filter e.g. k&n
I wouldnt agree with that at all.
An aftermarket panel filter flows more air than a standard paper one, thats fact.
Therefore there is a gain, and at around £35 it hardly breaks the bank!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I wouldnt agree with that at all.
An aftermarket panel filter flows more air than a standard paper one, thats fact.
Therefore there is a gain, and at around £35 it hardly breaks the bank!
but the gain is not a gain you would feel!