ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pairing PS3 headset

Mk4 .:R32
Bought a PS3 headset, I've tried about 20 times to pair it up to my PS3 to no avail.

It sounds ridiculously easy to do...charge it up, and plug into the PS3 and it should light up green for 3 seconds once paired, but it keeps lighting up red for 3 seconds.

I've tried directly plugging in the headset to the ps3, via the cradle, turned the headset onto discovery mode (Ps3 scans but doesn't find any bluetooth devices), I've reset the system a few times.

It's bugging me now! Any ideas?

Watch guides on youtube.

I think I struggled a bit when doing mine. Long time ago so im not sure. I know I definitely watched a couple videos on youtube on how to do it.

Bus w**ker
Don't use the cradle. Just plug it directly in, IIRC it needs to just be turned on and not in discovery. Not used mine in months now so can't really remember 100% but it is dead simple, literally just plug and play.

Cheers guys.

I've tried the above. It's fully charged. Tried turning the headset on and plugging it in directly to the ps3 but it still just lights up red rather than green. And doesn't come up under the 'manage bluetooth devices'

Hmph...why is something that should be so easy, infact difficult and hella frustrating

Bus w**ker
Is it fully charged btw? Think the red light means it's dead.

Sony said:
Pairing with the PS3™ system: automatic mode
You must use the USB cable to pair your headset using the PS3™ system automatic mode.
1 Check that the PS3™ system is turned on.
2 Check that the PS3™ system software is version 2.50 or later. If you have an earlier version, you need to update the software before you can use the automatic mode for pairing.
3 Insert the mini-B connector of the supplied USB cable directly into the USB connector on your headset. Insert the other end of the cable
into a USB connector on the PS3™ system.
The power indicator on the headset lights up in solid green for two seconds to indicate that the headset and the PS3™ system have been paired.

Pairing with the PS3™ system: Bluetooth® discovery mode
1 Check that the PS3™ system is turned on.
2 Press and hold down the power button on the headset until the power and mic muting indicators flash alternately in green and red,
indicating that the headset is in Bluetooth® discovery mode.
3 In your PS3™ system’s home menu, go to [Settings] > [Accessory Settings] > [Manage Bluetooth® Devices].
4 Select [Yes] to pair (register) the headset with the PS3™ system.
5 Select [Start Scanning].
The PS3™ system scans for the headset, and displays a list of all Bluetooth® devices within range.
6 Select “Wireless Headset”. When prompted for a pass key, enter “0000”.
Your headset is now paired with the PS3™ system.

Two 0 Shitx
Leave it in the cradle for a couple of hours, take it out, hold the power button down until the red light starts flashing, then go into system settings, manage bluetooth devices and connect it to the PS3. If it's a bluetooth one anyway.

Is it fully charged btw? Think the red light means it's dead.

well it says in the manual that it's fully charged when the red light stays on and isn't flashing anymore...and it's currently in the cradle, connected to the ps3 and not flashing!

Getting the error code 80121609 now, when I try and plug the headset into the PS3 to pair it. Uh, WTF