ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

painting tips......

Black Clio GT
looked into getting my side strips/bullets and mirror caps done in pearl black to match the rest of the car but dont really want to spend £150 as i think its alot for such small parts.
im pretty sure i could have a good go at it myself with some rattle cans from halfrauds for alot less.
im a bit anal when it come to doing things properly so what will i need and if anyone can write me a little step by step guide/any of the norfbest lot want to help me i would appreciate it greatly :)

DCi 100
I think Jonff did his wheels? They looked spot on!

Best advice from me is to do very small layers.

Sand>flat>primer>paint>laquer. A few very fine coats of each. That's basically all you need to know :)

Buy your paint from www.auto-paint.co.uk or a decent motor shop that mixes paint, Halfords 'pearl black' colour is a s**t match.

Black Clio GT
cheers guys think ill have a go on saturday if the weather is ok, some of you may get to see my awesomeness/fail, which ever way it goes, on sunday at the meet lol

Trophy Turbo :)
by the time you piss around, buy sand paper, Prima, Paint and Laqure your talking £40/£50 then spend all the time preepping, ill warn you now that the Prep work is 80% of the Finish at the end :) Just so you know. £150 does seem steep but there is a lot of work involved, Painted items from rattle cans never look as good as painted from a gun, and dont last as long either, Good luck and i look forward too the results :)

p.s if the rub strips are textured get a filler pirma too ;)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
^ agreed, it took me from friday eve to monday eve to do it all properly. I didnt need filler primer but if you don't put in all the sanding effort you may need it.

Black Clio GT
didnt get time today, mrs wanted to go shopping with her mates, she got back an hour ago :-(
im not in a rush to get it all done at once so will take my time, even if it does cost me £50 for all the bits, thats £100 in my back pocket :)