ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

painting steelies

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Whats the best way to go about this?

Obviously they need sanding down and cleaning - whats the best way to go about this?

Then what?

Primer, Paint, Sand, Paint, Laquer?

Thanks for any advice, i've never painted anything in my life

Chocolate Bar™
depends if you want track wheels, or proper wheels.

track wheels can be hammerited, proper wheels need sanding, primering, painting lacquering etc.

My car WILL be a track car when i finish my degree and get a cup, but til then it needs to be a road car, so want a half decent finish.

Suggestions please

So anyone fancy advising me on the best method of cleaning up steelies? I.e. sanding, which products to use for cleaning them down? Then the steps i should take, i.e. how many layers of primer, paint and laquer is sufficient? do i need to sand between layers?

Any sensible advice is appreciated.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i sprayed mine with black hammerite satin mate, no sanding or anything, turned out quite well...... LOL

Got any pics sambo?

I was thinking of going white, so a s**t finish is going to be more noticable i think - hence why i'm trying to do it right