ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting Side Strips

My 172 Cup's side strips look really dull. so much so, that im afraid to try some polish on them incase it leaves them looking patchy and crap where its not a smooth surface.

Common problem? Dont really want to fork out to get them sprayed up if theres an easy solution :clown:

Clio 197 cup pack
I had my back bumper sprayed and why they had it i asked if they could look at a small scuff on the trims/side strips. They polished the scuff, and now they are ruined, and are patchy. Going back in for them to respray them. Think this could be your only answer.

172 Cup
I polished mine when I first got my cup and they went all patchy! Could never get all the polish out! They're so porous!!

ibiza cupra
i noticed this when i did some work on donnys cup. they look like they have been based but no laquer over the top. if you where to get some grey scotch, give them a good rub all over with it and take it into a body shop. just say to them can you bang a bit of laquer over these when you are painting another job. they will probly charge you next to nothing for it lol.

If they are like that as standard then it makes me feel a bit better!

Just a shame when I polish the old girl up and the strips look so dull. Il just live with it I guess

Black Gold Trophy
yeah I found a 172 cup in my local breakers and it was exactly the same! (Dull and no shine on the side strips) I would just buy a can of laquer from halfrauds, if that doesnt work then get a body shop to repaint them or redo them yourself