ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting inlet manifold

Fiesta zetec s
I've painted my inlet manifold on the top of the engine with high temp paint but i was thinking, if i spray normal spray paint over the top now will it withstand the heat? Or will i need to use hammerite or something?

Clio 182
I used just Hamerite Spray paint also and is fine.

Enginebaydoneish.jpg

Sorry about the phone pic.

As you can see did the fuel guard and top of inlet.

Titanium 182
bit of a bump but what hammerite spray is best used
I want to spray my engine black like the picture in this thread

Ebay is showing me smooth, hammered and satin black spray paint
Whats the best finish? I dont want one thats leaves the paint looking shiny

Ph1
Yes but the point is its for ease of recognition. If i said i had a problem with my manifold would you know which part i was meaning? No, of course not where by if i said plenum or inlet you would ;)

Search AWT, AP Developments and Jam Sport. They all list the lower part as being the inlet

I painted mine with a can of spray paint from halfrauds.

Its not high temp stuff or anything and its been like that for over 6 months and is fine.

IMG_0649.jpg

CLIO 172
Smoothrite mate or you'll go all dimply and see the base :)
And give it as long as possible before you sand the lettering or you'll get a sandpaper looking finish.

"Navy" N17 TWO
What a bump! And this thread is fll of them lol

Best way I tried is to get the whole "plenum" polished then paint it.
Rub a bit of vaseline on the tops of the letters and the paint just cleans off then once you have it all done & dried :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
What a bump! And this thread is fll of them lol

Best way I tried is to get the whole "plenum" polished then paint it.
Rub a bit of vaseline on the tops of the letters and the paint just cleans off then once you have it all done & dried :)

thank god for the multiple uses of vaseline :)

Clio 182
This could be way to technical but isnt black a bad idea for an inlet mani/plenum etc...? I would of thought that it would absorb more ambient heat. I'm not trying to be a geek or anything but I was tempted with getting mine powdercoated and didnt bother incase it just made it hotter and surely these parts are better off being as cool as possible (relatively speaking)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
This could be way to technical but isnt black a bad idea for an inlet mani/plenum etc...? I would of thought that it would absorb more ambient heat. I'm not trying to be a geek or anything but I was tempted with getting mine powdercoated and didnt bother incase it just made it hotter and surely these parts are better off being as cool as possible (relatively speaking)

would the outside temp be as hot as inside the plenum???

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
has anybody painted the lower part as well? Got a set of matched inlets to go on but would like to give them a paint first just wondering wether to bother with lower any thoughts? going to do them in vht wrinkle finish

Ph1
has anybody painted the lower part as well? Got a set of matched inlets to go on but would like to give them a paint first just wondering wether to bother with lower any thoughts? going to do them in vht wrinkle finish

Theres no point nobody see's it lol

I used to be into polished engines and all that. Ended up with a life and never looked back ;) - seriously, unless its show and shine total waste of time

ITB'd MK1

exact opposite of what actually happens. Black helps get rid of heat, polished bits get FAR hotter.