ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

painting in the rain

Renault Clio 1.2
after frantically running around halfords getting 5 cans of paint match spray paint for my car (and asking twice to get it remixed because it wasnt exact) i finally got home, got dressed and went to my end of school ever prom. woke up this morning, with a large hangover but was excited to know that i could spray my car, which is all primered and ready to go. (just front and back bumper strips, side strips, door handles, and wing mirrors).

anyway, to cut a long story short, im now really p**sed off, because, the weather is c**p. but i have a garage, would anyone recommend doing thw spraying in my garage, there is limited space but is it worth it or should i wait till a sunny day??

any help on this matter would be great,

ps. would the damp foggy weather affect the painting

No more clio's for me!
If ya gonna do it, do it properly. ;)

I rushed my engine cover last night and it looks w@nk, you'll end up regreting it in the long run fella. :)

Last edited:
  Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Any moisture in the air will bollox it mate. Ive been trying to refurb some wheels over like 2 week's now. Poxy weather is a joke.

And yu should not have gone to halfords for the paint. every example i have ever seen as not even been remotely close.

Renault Clio 1.2
cheers for that guys, guess i'll be leaving it for a while then
yer i considered other places but on a tight budget, its the best i could get, i got a scrap bumper from the breakers and tried the paint it this morning. tbh its better than i was expecting given the bad views people have given of halfords. so im happy!

Chocolate Bar™
have you got any portable heaters?

crank up the temerature and leave them on for a while and you'll be fine. in fact you probably get a better finish as theres less chance of bloody insects flying into your bits whilst they're still wet

No more clio's for me!
have you got any portable heaters?

crank up the temerature and leave them on for a while and you'll be fine. in fact you probably get a better finish as theres less chance of bloody insects flying into your bits whilst they're still wet

Aye, insects love the smell of lacquer...as i found out yesterday. :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've sprayed bits in my garage, always been fine. You'll get a bit of dust settlement but as long as it isn't too bad you can always flat it back.

A couple of portable heaters beside the bits will keep it nice and warm and make sure the paint gets 'baked' as much as it needs to. Just make sure you give it plenty of time to dry.

VX220 Turbo
spray a litle water on the floor and put the bits on a work bench or on string fromthe roof, heat the room up and spray away, you can always use a hair dryer to speed up the drying of the paint too. do it inside as it stops leaves and insects flying onto your paint.

i cant spray inside so have to do it on the top of my now capsicum red wheelie bin