ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

painted my calipers/drums

Combo
the other day i was bored and it was a nice day so didnt want to sit inside, ended up outside painting the car! looks much better than it did before IMO, just need some "proper" brakes now!

took the wheel off:

DSC01173.jpg

bit of prepping:

DSC01175.jpg

on with the paint (pic looks shite and not covered well but thats just the light on the new layer of paint:) :

DSC01182.jpg

drums...done!

DSC01225.jpg

then the calipers

after a bit of prepping:

DSC01207.jpg

then the paint:

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

thanks for looks, and ignore the poor pics (quality and stability) please, oh and the filthy car. comments welcome:D

1.2 16V MKII
looks well, just what i was about to do the other mornin b4 it started lashing from the heavens, cant plan anything in this british climate!! but ill get them done. :D

1.2 16V MKII
yea, ill get them done when, im fixin the wee car up, gotta few things that decided too go wrong at once, discs, shoes, bearings handbrake an im trying to lower the car in the process of buyin these things, lol, so the calibers will get done, when the parts get fitted, ill be super happy that day an photos will be taken, as it shud look 60mm lower an nice painted drums, lmao.

1.2 16V MKII
What did you use to clean them and paint them?
the best thing to begin with prepin is wire brush an water to get rust and dirt off, then let the drums an calibers dry then apply paint, either normal gloss paint or purchase caliber paint from ur local motor factor store mate.

Combo
^^ pretty much what i did, wire brush to get rid of all the major crap, then a slightly softer brush to get rid of a few left over bits, then cleaned with warm soapy water (fairy liquid), allowed time for them to be really dry and then painted them with black hammerite, i did a couple of coats.

Combo
yea, ill get them done when, im fixin the wee car up, gotta few things that decided too go wrong at once, discs, shoes, bearings handbrake an im trying to lower the car in the process of buyin these things, lol, so the calibers will get done, when the parts get fitted, ill be super happy that day an photos will be taken, as it shud look 60mm lower an nice painted drums, lmao.

lol there's nothing wrong with them haha!
cant wait to see the pics mate