ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

painted engine cover

R53 Cooper S
had a wee bash at painting my engine cover, turned out not too bad i think
enginecover001.jpg

think it will look better once the 2.0l 16v stickers are on:)

also fitted this week;

itg
brembo hc/greenstuff
smoked side repeaters

enginecover003.jpg

enginecover010.jpg

enginecover006.jpg

thanks for looking, col

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
would look 10x better if you lacqured it matey! but looking good!

hows the brembo and green stuff combo? ive got brembo max and green stuff on the way!

SchwepTek™
Did u get the ITG sticker with the ITG filter? LOL. Looks good, matches RB hahaha. Also can you tell much difference with the filter in?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
looking good :) I have some silver 2.0L stickers on order for my black cover ;)

Ultra Red Clio 197
Looks like a good job!

Did you spray with primer first and what type of paint did you use? I might do it but does it have to be high temperature paint with High temp clear laquer?

Cheers!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I just used some gloss black I had lying around in my garage :) Just normal laquer over the top a few times.

Ultra Red Clio 197
I just used some gloss black I had lying around in my garage :) Just normal laquer over the top a few times.

oh right! I thought it would have to be done using that "very high temperature paint"

Smoked side repeaters look good I forgot to say!

R53 Cooper S
Did u get the ITG sticker with the ITG filter? LOL. Looks good, matches RB hahaha. Also can you tell much difference with the filter in?

barely noticeable tbh

Looks like a good job!

Did you spray with primer first and what type of paint did you use? I might do it but does it have to be high temperature paint with High temp clear laquer?

Cheers!

Nah, normal paint from halfrauds does the job, no need for primer either, just a wee rub down with wet and dry first

BMW M135i
I'd deffo primer and laquer it, makes it look 1000x better once you've done it. Painting, as they say is all the prep.

Liking the smoked repeaters, look good with the wheels and badges.

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Looks good for normal paint job, girlfriend (deb182) had her cover done in racing blue and liquid yellow.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looking Good, Will be doing mine soon :D Any idea where I can get hold of the 2.0 16v Badge off the Engine Cover??