ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint job

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, so I currently have my heart set on getting a paint job on my clio 182. Torn between a few colours but a couple of these colours are cliosport colours I.e liquid yellow and the inferno orange. Now I know most will say; just sell mine and buy one in that colour, but since March I've forked out on the belts, dephaser pulley, and body control unit costing me around 1k in total, so I'm in no mind to get rid of it and risk having the same problems on a new one. So my question is, if I decide to chose one of the manufacturer paint jobs. Would it have an effect on the price if I ever decided to sell? E.g I know liquid yellows go for more than my current blue? Thanks in advance

twingo
well a decent paint job's going to cost you 1,500-2,000. tally that onto your 1k you've already spent and you're in a hole. as soon as you change the colour, it's going to substantially effect the resale value so you'll loose a fair bit of money there as well

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'd only bother getting the whole car resprayed if your planning to keep it and if your going for a colour that the 182 didn't originally come in, eg Alien Green.

Otherwise just buy a cheap 182 in the colour you want and swapping the parts over would probs work out cheaper.