ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint code for Nimbus grey paint stick

Clio 1970000000
Think I may have already posted this (or something like it) before.

I am trying to get a paint stick in Nimbus Grey. Renault dealer says that there is no code for that colour and haven't received a response from PMing Matt Black for a code.

Any help appreciated.

Clio 1970000000
Having spoken to a few Renualt garages including Renault London who has a bodyshop, they do not have the F60 Nimbus paint, nor can they get me any. I told them politely that that is crazy and the guy said that F60 is a universal code and that any paint shop (he suggested Halfords) can make it.

Should I go to Halfords or do you guys have any other suggestions as to where I can get some paint?

RenaultSport Clio 197
I had the same problem... I was given the paint code by a local Renault dealership and had 25ml of paint made by a local automotive paint supplier for £10.

The colour match is very, very good and I've managed to touch in dozens of those tiny chips in the front bumper that must be made by the tiniest of stones.... I applied it with a wooden cocktail stick which works well :)

Clio 1970000000
I bought a kit (paint and clear top coat) from www.carpaintrepair.co.uk

Haven't tried it yet on the car but looking at the paint it doesn't look quiet perfect. Hard to tell in the bottle and will still look better than the stone chips. Will let you know how it is when i touch up the paint.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had the same problem... I was given the paint code by a local Renault dealership and had 25ml of paint made by a local automotive paint supplier for £10.

The colour match is very, very good and I've managed to touch in dozens of those tiny chips in the front bumper that must be made by the tiniest of stones.... I applied it with a wooden c**ktail stick which works well :)

You paid £10 for 25ml ? :eek: You can get a 400ml rattle can made up for about £7 , then just spray a bit in the lid and use a c0cktail stick like you did ;)

To the OP , Marv-c , as long as you have the paint code any automotive shop that mixes paint can mix you some up , and i wouldn't bother with the lacquer just fill any chips with the colour .

http://guidetodetailing.com/damage-repair/paint-repair-clinic/