ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pain in the back Audi (literally) need advice on 1*2 prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
So I bought the Audi A1 earlier in the year and I love the car but it's impossible for me to drive it. A combination of the suspension, seat and my height (6'4") make even driving 2 miles to the shop a very very painful journey and I've had to have over 3 hour of physio on my back to get it back to shape, it's got to the point where I'm walking / getting the bus to work even though I have my own parking space so it has to go ideally within the next week or so.

Luckily Audi are a client at work so I have been speaking to them in regards to the PCP and handing it back etc, it's been agreed by one of the dealers that they will pay £500 less for the car than what I owe on the car which is much more than other dealerships were offering so the Audi and £500 goes on Wednesday.

Looking at getting a car by Friday/Saturday latest Sunday and really fancy just buying a 1*2 and being clear of any finance or PCP deals and start having my wage to myself each month without having the big monthly outgoing, I've spoken with my insurance and they are happy for me to change car to a 182 for around the £160 mark which isn't too bad considering my crash last year and the area I live in.

I've taken a few days off work next week to look for a car and have about £3250 budget but don't really want to spending anywhere near that if I'm honest unless the right one comes along.

Been looking through the For Sale section on here and not many 182s for sale, ideally I would like:

182 full fat
Both cup packs
Black, Blue or Yellow.
Under 80k mileage with belts done.

how much would lets say a 2004 182 in black with both cup packs be valued at, I have no idea how much they are worth and what I should be paying for one :S

I found this this morning and have made a phone call to view it next week but it seems very cheap for what it is and the fact it's been modified puts me off a little, does anyone know any history on this car?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/m217gg/radius/1501/page/1?logcode=p

also looked at this which seems to be a pretty good price etc even though it is silver

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rds/182/radius/1501/postcode/m217gg?logcode=p

what's peoples opinion on these and how much should I be paying for what I want?

thanks

Lynden

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
imo you going to a small clio and being the size you are is abit silly as i think the seating position is abit crap and thats coming from someone who drives one

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
imo you going to a small clio and being the size you are is abit silly as i think the seating position is abit crap and thats coming from someone who drives one

I've driven a guy from works 182 and it was fine his is a full fat though with no cup packs and it's a bit of a shed to be honest, drove it to London and it was great, no back ache at all where as in the Audi i get back ache halfway down the road, my dad is driving the Audi more than me and even he has started getting ache from the seats/suspension

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
A Full Fat with no cup packs? That's a new one.

Depends what sort of 182 you want. 3500 for a good one I think.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I've driven a guy from works 182 and it was fine his is a full fat though with no cup packs and it's a bit of a shed to be honest, drove it to London and it was great, no back ache at all where as in the Audi i get back ache halfway down the road, my dad is driving the Audi more than me and even he has started getting ache from the seats/suspension

his wont be a full fat then ;) thats fair enough then

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
A Full Fat with no cup packs? That's a new one.

Depends what sort of 182 you want. 3500 for a good one I think.

well it doesn't seem to have the splitter or spoiler.

I want ideally either LY, racing blue or black, both cup packs and belts done, is it hard to find such cars for around the 3500 mark?

Not meaning to trash your idea (they're awesome cars) but have you checked the 1*2 wouldn't hurt your back? I'm 6'4" and I find my Cup seats very unforgiving on my lower back.

RB 182 FF

I want ideally either LY, racing blue or black, both cup packs and belts done, is it hard to find such cars for around the 3500 mark?

Id say Black maybe but LY or RB you'll be doing well to find a tidy one......!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

It won't be a FF then mate.

A black 182 will be cheaper than either RB or LY. Although the arse has fell out of the market so they are all worth nothing now. 3500 would get you a mint Black 182 with belts done. If I was looking for a mint RB or LY I'd budget atleast 4000, possibly more.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

A black 182 will be cheaper than either RB or LY. Although the arse has fell out of the market so they are all worth nothing now. 3500 would get you a mint Black 182 with belts done. If I was looking for a mint RB or LY I'd budget atleast 4000, possibly more.

spot on

182 T
I'm surprised at this too, I'm not a big bloke at all and my 182 doesn't exactly do my back much good especially on long trips!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Not meaning to trash your idea (they're awesome cars) but have you checked the 1*2 wouldn't hurt your back? I'm 6'4" and I find my Cup seats very unforgiving on my lower back.

yeh he has the half leather seats and they seemed fine to be honest, I don't want a cup because I've been told is has no cruise control or xenons (i might be wrong, i know nothing about 1*2s) and i would really like xenons and cruise

Only annoying thing about a black one is how dirty they get, if i can get a good deal on a black one I will probibly end up going for it, really not keen on silver though

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Lol at people keep asking about driving a Clio, he's already said!!

My 182 to this day was the comfiest car I've ever had, including over the M3, 330ci, Megane etc.
Should get a good one for £3k+ from what I've seen, theres plenty knocking around at that price.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at using back as an excuse because the car is s**t.

Anyway a 182 cup is the most pointless car ever made. Full fat 182 for around 3k will be perfect.

Need to save up to buy coilovers though.

Inferno 182
I fear that these replies maybe confusing you, so to confirm, there are 3 different specs for a 182, excluding the Trophy. I suspect you know anyway.....
182 Cup - poverty spec, cheaper interior, no xenons etc.
182 - nicknamed Full fat, but never sold as such. Better interior, xenons, headlight washers etc. (The interior isn't actually 1/2 leather like it is always said though, it is all synthetic.)
182 with Cup packs - as Full fat but with cup suspension and spoilers

Best combo? subjective, but 182 with cup packs gives you the nice interior and the best suspension for having fun on B roads.
You will get a minter for less than £4k, as much as it pains me to say.

There are some out there with Recaros too, which may be even better if you are tall, as they sit a tiny bit lower than the standard seats.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I fear that these replies maybe confusing you, so to confirm, there are 3 different specs for a 182, excluding the Trophy. I suspect you know anyway.....
182 - nicknamed Full fat, but never sold as such. Better interior, xenons, headlight washers etc. (The interior isn't actually 1/2 leather like it is always said though, it is all synthetic.)

Best combo? subjective, but 182 with cup packs gives you the nice interior and the best suspension for having fun on B roads.

There are some out there with Recaros too, which may be even better if you are tall, as they sit a tiny bit lower than the standard seats.

really appreciate this replay mate, I want a 182 with cup packs, found a lovely dark blue one and black one not too far from me so going to check them out next week

yeh he has the half leather seats and they seemed fine to be honest, I don't want a cup because I've been told is has no cruise control or xenons (i might be wrong, i know nothing about 1*2s) and i would really like xenons and cruise

Sorry didn't realise you'd already said you'd tried it (must read the whole thread!). That's fair enough, I think the half leathers may have additional lumbar support whereas the 172 Cup I have has poverty (...erm I mean lightweight) seats with no support. Good luck with your search, they're fantastic little cars! :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

MOTHERf**kING LAUGH OUT LOUD.

Full fat means a standard 182 has both cup packs available.

Excluding a Trophy there is 5 available from the book.

182. Standard, no packs ticked.
182 with Suspension pack. Wheels and a slight drop(3mm). Also bolt spacing for the struts are different by 6mm.
182 with Styling(spoiler) pack. Cup spoiler and splitter is added.
182 with both of these packs. This is a Full Fat Clio as it has both packs and is essentially, all the boxes ticked in terms of luxury.
182 Cup. More poverty than a standard 182, without the luxuries.

On topic.

I'm 6'2 and found my clio alright but it depends where the extra height is coming from. I can imagine if you've got long legs it could be very uncomfortable. Obviously on longer journeys.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Sorry didn't realise you'd already said you'd tried it (must read the whole thread!). That's fair enough, I think the half leathers may have additional lumbar support whereas the 172 Cup I have has poverty (...erm I mean lightweight) seats with no support. Good luck with your search, they're fantastic little cars! :)

thanks, yeh another friend has a 172 cup and I'm not overly keen on the seats in it, just looking forward to getting in one and enjoying driving again.

work for BMW
because of the current climate with 1*2 prices you will be able to get a very nice example for your price range. aim for a Full fat version for all the extras

our 172 is fine for me lynden and i'm 6'3 sizewise you have no worries mate.

bretts 182 is lovely, if you're going black speak to him about what he paid.

That's great apart from your information being incorrect. 182 with Cup packs is a 182FF. Now who's confused? lol ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Come onnnnnnn, tell the truth, you're bored with it and want a fun car again. You don't need to BS us with the back problems. Lol.

The fact you want a 182 proves that. They're as hard a ride and the seats aren't the best for a tall person... in fact, they're probably worse.

They are fun though.

BMW E46 330ci Sport

The errors in this post have been addressed already. My post servers no reason other then to laugh at this post. LOL!!!!!!!

As said by those more in the know, 182 Full Fat(182FF) is a 182 with both the cup pack and the spoiler pack options.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive never heard anyone complain about the audi giving them a bad back before, mine has possibly the harshest combo with the 18s and the s-line suspension. never a single twinge. my 182 however was auful i hated driving more than 50 miles in it.

your bored and fancy something else or your skint, its OK.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah sell an A1 and buy a 182 for comfort. Not sure if serial!

So all the finance you built up with the Clio, Megane, Fiat and now this A1 is cleared by giving back the Audi and £500? Hmmmm.

In any case, a 182 is good option if finances are a factor. It's the car I'd go back to for cheap fun.

But lol at comfort. It's like driving sat on a bar stool. With the gear stick on the other side of the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.