ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pain in the arse!

fitted my exhaust yesterday and tweaked the mount today,just need to sort out the blowing from the front pipe thats connected to the cat with an exhaust bandage and its done.

i would just like to say that the exhaust mount system is absolutely pants on the clio.will never want to do one again!

had to take off rear arch liners,rear bumper,drop rear beam,remove wheels and then take out the original exhaust.fitting the new one wasnt much easier either.

pic of the effort i had to go to :mad:

DSC00281.gif

also would like to say that the ktec exhaust mount is awful (unless i have something missing) but as soon as it was all bolted on and i started the car,the exhaust just sagged and then it was about 1 inch off the floor,so had to do a bit of customisation.

and i remembered i had a metal bar that came with my bmc,the result......

DSC00282.gif

removed the renault mount and then bolted the bar across from the renault mount to the ktec mount top and now holds it up.

didnt get a pic of it after i had finished as it was getting dark but i need to get the leak sorted as it doesnt sound amazing atm due to it.

pics of the exhaust will be up tomorrow just wanted to vent my frustration at renaults c**k-eyed designs :mad:
its the ktec twin by the way which i bought off clvs222

exhaust finally sorted to a degree,slightly wonky and low but it was hard enough to get it to sit like that!

DSC00287.gif

you can also see the de-wiper although i have a different plan for that

also have a new set of wheels,spent 100 quid and they all have goodyear eagle f1 tyres on!bargain imo

DSC00284.gif

DSC00286.gif

well id prefer to be able to put it back on when it comes to selling it and i was fed up of cutting after pissing about with the bracket,no pics of the wheels fitted as they need a refurb 1st as they have a few marks

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
I have the same exhaust, although mine isnt quite that saggy

would recomend cable tieing the exhaust mount to get a few more mm height

i intend to do so,but i cudnt see where i could cable tie it :S
i was thinking of packing it with another rubber mount to firm it up to raise it up.but i will eventually recess it into the bumper but then ill probably not want my standard one.arrgggh too many decisions to make.lol

i had a multipack box of em in the garage that i had bought from halfords but dont know the size im afraid.but that will be changing soon.i have made a smoothed version of the rear wiper cover which is just being sanded atm then it will be colour coded the same as the car,will be a much better look :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Sod that for a game of conkers! Soooo glad I am not going to be the one to fit my new exhaust. Well done for getting it sorted and not losing your patience.

BMW M135i
Hows the rear mount? It'll sag if its shot as they perish over time. I've managed to get my magnex fitted and sitting properly (eventually!) so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it fitted properly with some tweaking

Sod that for a game of conkers! Soooo glad I am not going to be the one to fit my new exhaust. Well done for getting it sorted and not losing your patience.

id rather have the old one in one peice,if id cut it itd kinda be useless then

Hows the rear mount? It'll sag if its shot as they perish over time. I've managed to get my magnex fitted and sitting properly (eventually!) so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it fitted properly with some tweaking

yeh i think its perished for sure as it does sag.think i may invest in a new mount and then straighten it up and raise it a few more mm but first i wanna sort the blow where its connected to the cat

BMW M135i
Change both the rear and middle mount cos it'll make the world of difference. Rear is about £20 and the middle is £7.

How do they connect to the cat on the 1.6? Bolted flange or a clamp? I've forgotten.

bolted flange hence why there is a gap inbetween atm which means it doesnt sound the best.think i will invest in them soon.i noticed the middle one was hanging so badly.lol